The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Dear Creator, May there be Karma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dear Creator, May there be Karma
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 11 posted September 24, 2005 07:27 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
While Ronnie is out there in Texas getting raped by Hurricane Rita... I'm back here in Pennsylvania being robbed! Somewhere in the tune of $10,000. One diamond ring alone was valued at $4,500. My hunting gear was up in Tioga county, thankfully. They didn't find my pistols. My daughter and granddaughter were not home, nor was I or my dog, so all is safe in that regards. My Arizonia cash stash... gone. DVD player, DVD'a gold, diamonds, silver jewelry, coin collections... all gone.

May I be fortunate enough to see Karma work it's magic. They are hoping to be able to collect a set of prints off of the one glass cash jar I had.

At least I know my deadbolts work... they damaged the one door trying to get in, so when that didn't work, they climbed up onto the back porch roof and entered through a second story bedroom window.

Police warned me that there has been a string of double burglaries going around, where they break in once, take the easy stuff, case the joint and come back in a few weeks to take the bigger stuff. My pistols are now loaded!

Come on Karma...

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2005 07:53 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Crow Woman,

Sorry to hear that. Dirtbags will get their just reward eventually. No one gets away with anything in this life, only for awhile.

Take care

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2005 10:54 AM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
i know what your goin through crow woman, we were robbed 2 years ago this october, it sucks.
hopefully you had good insurance, although that isn't enough to repay sentimental valued objects, just be glad no one was home to have been hurt by them. makes it hard to sleep at night, i know, i kept the pistol loaded for a couple weeks waitin on the return visit which never happened, luckily. we now have a mastiff guarding the house!
good luck to ya and sorry to hear of your misfortune.

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2005 11:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's a shame, CW.

You are right, they probably will be back. I had the same thing happen to me thirty years ago and that's why I moved, hit twice. I couldn't deal with it.

And, it's probably a neighbor? Police won't be much help, either.

Good luck, LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2005 02:16 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear of your loss. When it happened to me, I was more upset by the voilation of someone haveing the gall to go through my stuff more than I was the loss of the items.

No, the police will not be much help I am afraid. We had an armed home invation here a month ago. Neighbors saw them go in with sawed off shotguns and called the police. They showed up 20 minutes later, and the crooks were gone. They are doing an investigation on why to took so long for the cops to respond.

All they really have to do is look at the side of the new patrol cars. Where it used to say "to protect and serve" it now says "your emergency is not our emergency"

Hope you get your stuff back, and they give you a few minutes alone with the thieves.

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2005 04:44 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that Crow Woman! What a bunch of %$#%$@ I mean, that was your stuff!!!!

Man that makes me mad! It hope it all comes back. [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2005 07:50 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
That really sucks.

Once I had a battery stolen out of my truck. More of an inconvenience than anything but still a bummer. Bought a new one and the next morning There was my old battery on the driveway and the bastards stole the brand new one. The cops said that they know when they steal a battery it assures them the next time they see your vehicle it'll more than likely have a nice new one for them.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timberghozt
Member # 707

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2005 09:00 PM      Profile for Timberghozt   Author's Homepage   Email Timberghozt         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Crow Woman,That is terrible.If they come back for a second grab abd go trip,I hope you put a few holes in em with your pistol. [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.handloadersbench.com

Posts: 48 | From: Salado, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2005 10:26 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that - that is a horrible feeling coming home and seeing an empty space where your "stuff" is supposed to set.

I was hit as a college student - the 5 or 6 of us that shared an apartment had been at a Christmas party thrown by the owner of the place I worked - free drinks, eats, and Playboy bunnies.
I'll never forget the feeling of getting home and walking in to the dark living room and sticking my finger out to punch the power button on the stereo to keep the festivities alive. That finger just seemed to keep travelling to nowhere as there was no stereo power button left to stop its' progress.

The cops were real dicks because there were no signs of forced entry - for some reason they were more suspicious of us than anything. There was no reason, none of us had insurance. We had no dead bolts, etc...

We all lost our stereos and clock radios, miscellaneous trinkets, etc... They emptied my closet and threw the clothes on the bed and evidently used my sheet to haul the stuff away. They took my pillow case. All I had left was what i wore and one change of clothes that was dirty and piled in the corner.

For some reason they left behind the 4 or 5 guitars we had, along with a kick-assed Marshall 1/2 stack and other lesser amps. Idiots!

I'll never forget the sensation of that finger doing the "Buzz Lightyear" thing and seemingly travelling "to infinity, and beyond'. I'll also never forget having to finish that last semester with two pairs of blue jeans, 2 sets of skivvies, and 2 shirts.

It really left an empty feeling - I think it was made worse because of the extreme emotional "high" I was on coming home from that party and my financial situation as a broke student. It almost overshadowed the start of a relationship with my boss' neice the bunny-in-training - almost!

Sorry you had to experience this - I know it stinks.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2005 12:55 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Everyone for your kind words.

Yesterday morning... total bewilderment
yesterday afternoon... I was pissed and got out my pistol, dug out my concealed weapons permit and strapped it on
Last night... I was scared out of my mind...hardly slept a wink... between, patrolling the front porch to the back deck to around the house... I was not letting one stone unturned
This morning... reality hit... I can't remember when I've cried so many tears in my coffee. The only thing I wished for today was not my stuff back... not a turn of events... I just wished I could have a hug from my Dad... he always had a way of hugging you that you just knew everything was going to be alright
This afternoon... I'm just numb...

I gotta get up for work tomorrow morning at 3:30a.m. I just hope for sleep at this moment.

Sheri

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2005 05:26 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wrap your arms around yourself and give a hug. Trust me your dad will be in there. I know. Been there, done that.

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2005 04:43 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Crow Woman, My heart aches for your pain & trials. Life can jerk you around at times. Stay strong, lift your chin & pray for strength & comfort.

All prayers are heard. Their not all answered as we hope. Everyone has their moments of being alone. It can be grievous at times. Be strong & take care. I wish you well.

Everett

Rockfish
PAKMAN
Member # 564

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2005 09:07 AM      Profile for Rockfish   Email Rockfish         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] sorry to hear of your situation... although it was your stuff, that's all it is... just stuff... easily replaceable... you and everyone else are safe, that's the most important...

although I've never been robbed, I had a house burn and know what it's like to lose your stuff... the thing about it is you get new better stuff... [Wink] hang in there Kiddo it'll all pass...

--------------------
PA Predator Hunters Association

Posts: 5 | From: East Petersburg | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2005 01:53 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
update: Had an insurance investigator yesterday. He took pictures of the damaged door frame, the torn screen then taped and interviewed myself and my daughter. I stopped at the police department yesterday after work to find out the incident number. Talked with the watch commander, he told me that the investigating Officer is out all week on training. I thought... wow... maybe he will learn something new to help with my case. You know... a fresher mind kind of thing. Until I heard the words coming out of his mouth... yea, he's training how to ride a horse.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... so I just said... "You're sh*tting me... for the Williamsport Dept?? I'll have to remember to ask him if his horse was shod or barefoot... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 08:05 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Crow Woman,

Has the insurance Co. covered your loss's? What about the scumbags, that looted you. Any updates?

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 08:40 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Crow Woman...you are not called Crow Woman because you are weak....you well overcome. Somehow it well all work out for the best...God Bless.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 12:53 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Well now... since the police certainly aren't about to do their job... I've contacted each and every neighbor that is within viewing distance from my house and asked questions. Only one neighbor might have seen or heard something.

I've contacted all the pawn shops in the area and given them complete descriptions of the jewelry and left my contact information.

I've even gone around to a couple of tiny mom and pop grocery stores and told them that if anyone comes in with an excessive amount of $2 dollar bills or gold dollars to give me a call, that the chances are they may be mine.

In the meantime... I set here and wait... oh, and the insurance company sets there and waits... we wait for the police to call us both back. The insurance company won't complete any kind of claim until they get confirmation from the police who won't return anyone's phone calls.

And when the insurance company finally hear's from them, my claim... if I can call it that, might get me about a third of what was lost. There is a limit on items that were taken.

Sarchastic sounding?? yes, probably... I apoligize for that. It's just a little wearing on me at the moment.

Yes Danny, I will get over this. I know and you know [Wink] It's just another boulder that has been put in my path for me to figure out a way to either move it off the path, blast my way through or climb over it. I decided to make it a slow climb... I'm halfway to the top [Cool] and I'm starting to sleep again.

So I guess, if you wanted to skip through this babble and just get an overview... I'm still waiting...

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 04:45 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Crow,

Just think of the great view you are going to have when you get to the top of that boulder!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 04:52 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Crow Woman,

Getting a response...I've had people[slackers] sit on their rumps. When they should be doing their job.

A tad irritating, personally, but. I give them a short while to get going. Then commence to go [through & UP] their "Chain of Command". to light the fire.

Slackers, don't cut it IMB. Watch your "grip" on that boulder [Wink]

As GWB once said, "Were gonna find them, smoke'em out, & get'em" Sounds good to me [Cool]

Take care

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 08:46 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri

They will get what they have coming to them one way or another. Maybe they bought a bad batch.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 10:50 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

Got tired of being thrown differant information from the police and the insurance investigator... soooo...

I contacted the main headquarters of the insurance company and lodged a rather extensive chat. Then I got on the phone again and went to the Captain of the police department and did the same with him.

Friday I got a personal visit from the Captain with a gift of pepper spray to hang off of my keys. And we had a long 1/2 hour talk how he was going to personally make sure things get done. Must have worked.

Today, I got a call from the police department that they have done the fingerprinting and we could come by and pick up our things that they needed to dust. We are supposed to call them tonight to see if they ran anything yet.

Also today I got a call from the insurance investigator that they are processing my check. It's only for 1/4 of what was taken, but at this point, anything is better than nothing or not knowing.

Now all we wait for is hopefully getting a good print to find this or these b*stards that robbed us... we can only hope.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 10:56 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri, you've got grit [Cool]
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 07:01 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Her name may be Sheri, but she has more real true grit then " Marion Morrison " John Wayne himself. [Wink]

[ October 18, 2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: onecoyote ]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2005 02:20 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
awww... thanks guys... but I can't take the credit for this. You see, I happen to have some really great friends... good support system so to speak...

I can only take for so long, being down, kicked or rolled over here and there before I start biting back. And then there's Ronnie in Texas who ALWAYS seems to know just when the right time is to give me that preverbial kick in the pants to get me jump started. God Love that man!

My daughter, Raven, talked with the fingerprint guy tonight. She said he was so excited that he got alot of really great prints. Alot of them might be mine and hers though. But it is done, and they are somewhere on their way to Wyoming as we speak for match up. Don't know how long that takes. Keep your fingers crossed.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters