The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Gotta Brag a Little

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gotta Brag a Little
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 07:56 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler and I competed this weekend in the monthly club hunt for the first time in the new 'Master" category. (I still cringe at that name)
Tyler did all the calling, I went along just to back him up and another memeber came with us to observe.
Wind blew hard all weekend. I sometimes couldn't hear his calling just 50 yards away.
Tyler took first place with 5 coyotes and a bobcat.
A couple of teams turned in 2 coyotes and [Big Grin] a novice turned in a mountain lion.

IP: Logged
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 08:04 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Congratulations to Tyler. Very well deserved. You have every reason to be proud of him. AND yourself!! You taught him well, Dad. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timberghozt
Member # 707

Icon 14 posted October 10, 2005 08:09 AM      Profile for Timberghozt   Author's Homepage   Email Timberghozt         Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome.Congratulations to Tyler and dad both on a job well done..

--------------------
http://www.handloadersbench.com

Posts: 48 | From: Salado, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 08:11 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Job Rich.

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308

Posts: 158 | From: Parkers Prairie, MN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 09:32 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Tyler and Dad! Never a doubt in my mind [Wink]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
22-250
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 09:47 AM      Profile for 22-250           Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler Congratulations!!!

How close were the coyotes shot? I have notice that in windy situations that I usually shoot under 30 yards.

What size was the lion?

[ October 10, 2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: 22-250 ]

--------------------
The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him and even the flea would desert him for a velocipede.

Posts: 108 | From: Longview, Texas, glad to be gone | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 12:25 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, Looks like Tyler is just a chip off the old block. Good job Tyler, looking forward to mid November. [Big Grin]

Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 12:55 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Brag a lot,Rich...The boy earned it! Congratulations!!

[ October 10, 2005, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Melvin ]

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 01:03 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoooweeee!
Now if we can just get him to quit chasing skirts and concentrate a little harder on coyotes...

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted October 10, 2005 04:35 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that is quality bonding time....... [Smile]
Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 06:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have hunted with Rich and Tyler a bit and can tell you that the young man has a lot of talent, good fieldcraft, stays alert, and has everything it takes.

Congratulations, Tyler!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 08:32 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, Tyler, and congratulations to you, Rich. After seeing my son play such good football last week, I can only imagine the swell of pride you're feeling. Makes all those dirty diapers seem worth it now, doesn't it? [Wink]

Just don't let him get overcome by the fumes - car fumes, and parfumes. LOL

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2005 09:11 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jay, If he doesnt chase "skirts" how is he ever going get Rich a new young un to teach? [Big Grin] Tyler is smart and he is thinking about the future! Way to think about your Dad instead of yourself bud, thats an admirable thing you are doing. [Wink] Rich you should be proud, very proud! [Smile]

Just a thought,

Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2005 07:43 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
THANKS ALL.
Todd, nice spin, but Jay is right. Tyler chases skirts all night and then sleeps on the way to and between stands. I'm a little surprised that he does as well as he does. Makes for grumpy company until he wakes up mid-morning.
Tom, you're right, high winds make for low security-levels and we have to go to the coyote unstead of trying to call them out into the open. Makes for close shots unless making an elevated stand. Tyler's closest shot was ten feet and the fartherest was 250 yards, running. (the kid can flat shoot). He had shot a coyote at 175 yards (elevated stand, shooting down into a wash) hitting it too far back. It took off out into the flats and Tyler rolled it with the next shot.

Tom, the lion was a good sized mature female. He didn't weigh it. Brought it in skinned with head and feet on. Head to toe it was longer than he was by some.

pup
Member # 90

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2005 08:08 AM      Profile for pup           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Tyler!!

Sometimes, it must stink to be you Rich!! [Wink] [Wink] Not much better than the feeling of raising a child the way you think is right, and see them do so well. Congratulations to you both.

Both of you can truly work a call, it has been too long since I have set a stand and heard it.

later pup

Posts: 213 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DJ in AZ
Member # 276

Icon 14 posted October 11, 2005 06:50 PM      Profile for DJ in AZ   Email DJ in AZ         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to Tyler. I think Jake got 2nd. After the long layoff, Jake seemed to be a little shaggy on his shooting missing 3 dogs.(Good excuse as any LOL) I had to shoot two of the dogs he called. Tell Tyler Jake said its time to get serious on the Nov. hunt. Lol. Again congrats on the win.

See you at the meeting!

Posts: 42 | From: Glendale AZ | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2005 07:53 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Rich and Tyler, you guys typifiy what a successful calling team does, I'll toast to you two come November...good going guys.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2005 08:59 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, I'll buy the beer.
DJ, good to have you and Jake back.
Pup, it's been two years since you were here. When are you coming back?

keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2005 09:57 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrads!!!! I have hunted with Tyler and no what he can do! He has what it takes and had a great teacher as well! Congrads to both of you!

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2005 04:46 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Good Going, I'll tost to you guys too. Probably be enough beer come Nov you won't have to buy... [Wink]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 04:38 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! to Tyler & yourself Rich. It helps to have a Pa, to learn from. Father & son, spending quality time together. It doesn't get any better [Cool] .
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2005 01:24 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the name of the song, the band I think is Metallica, I don't know any of the other words but I just keep thinking of that heavy metal song..."Master!!! Master!!!".

Way to go Higgy and Son!!!!!!!! [Wink]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
pup
Member # 90

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 03:10 PM      Profile for pup           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich-
Two years!! It doesn't seem like it has been that long, then at times it seems twice that. If all goes well, I intend on getting back out to the "mecca" next year. Is Mattie is missing me?

Sheetrockers should be here inside a week. I hope to have this perpetual weekend project finished by Thanksgiving of this year.

later pup

Posts: 213 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters