The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » The little message board that could (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The little message board that could
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 11:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
HM has had over a million hits and just over 8.8 gigs of data transfered. LB

edit: since June 5

[ October 14, 2005, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Knows what it's all about
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 11:30 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a bunch.

I'd have to say, it's been the most active off season I can remember.

Predator calling is growing fast .

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 10:07 AM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Chug-a-lug-a, Chug-a-lug-a, Cheewwww, Cheewwwww!!
Thats great Leonard, "big as San Fransico in a few years, and JUST as sophisticated" Name that movie?

Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 10:28 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That is a crapload of hits! Congrats. And the content is good stuff... real good stuff. How many members do you have signed up here?
Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 11:55 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
"Chug-a-lug-a, Chug-a-lug-a, Cheewwww, Cheewwwww!!" - Major Payne?
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 12:00 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Half of those hits came from Higgins duking it out with everyone.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 12:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, our membership is not that great, we trend toward quality, rather than quantity, but I know that the hits are coming from many thousands of individual computers; people that are monitoring the board, but possibly are too intimidated to share their opinions, based on limited experience, or are content to only read the discussions, which is often the case.

Some people are worried that they will get stuff, a virus(?) if they register, or might get a lot of spam? Of course, I never use their email for any purpose, except the one time I changed hosts, and sent a mass mailing, with a link, as a courtesy.

And, there is another consideration. Because my policy is to avoid paid commercial ads, I could not afford to pay for the huge bandwidth as on some other sites, like PM; so I'd probably just limit membership, if it came to that? Some sites, unintentionally, or otherwise allow multiple registrations, and that can be a way to inflate their membership. I do what I can to discourage that stuff.

In any case, I like to think that we tend to attract the serious predator hunters.
(edit) except for ***

Good hunting. LB

[ October 14, 2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 12:37 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean about the lurking membership Leonard. I think the intimidation is a big part of peoples procrastination to register and that probably keeps us from hearing a lot of good experienced folks. I also think the commercialization of a hunting or trapping website is it's ultimate demise. Especially when the money just starts disappearing instead of going toward something visible to the membership.

We have a ton of bandwith and storage space at MW, and it wasn't all "THAT" expensive. We're just waiting to grow into the shoes now! Like you, it's all funded out of pocket or from member donations but that's the way I like it! You have a fine site here, keep up the good work and I'll try to keep a pissing match going with Rich to generate hits. [Big Grin]

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
timbertoes
Member # 604

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 12:50 PM      Profile for timbertoes   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

"Timber L. Toes"

L = Lurker [Razz]

Posts: 20 | From: Van Alstyne, TX | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 12:56 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Three Star Nistetter and Jr are just joking. I don't do pissing matches.
Maybe slightly oblique ones with Bill, but that's all.
Well, sometimes Rich, but that's all.
Well, sometimes

IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 01:46 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
"I don't do pissing matches"

I don't (anymore) either. And I could piss with the best of em.

Part of me misses that, and part of me does not.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 01:50 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Major Payne? So you got the first one. Come on NASA, the second one is easy. You can do better than that! "I just acquired us a 1/4 interest in a game at the oriental. Acquired? So to speak."

I am practically giving this to ya.

Leonard, consider yourself Hi-jacked.

Todd

[ October 14, 2005, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 01:54 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cosmopolitan.

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Todd

[ October 14, 2005, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Fehler
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 01:58 PM      Profile for Fehler   Email Fehler         Edit/Delete Post 
Tombstone.. I'll be your huckelberry..
Posts: 12 | From: Crawford, TX. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 02:02 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Ding Ding, Yippeee!! a good old Texas boy came through for me. I pretty much gave that away huh.

Hi-jack complete, carry on.

Todd

[ October 14, 2005, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Fehler
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 02:16 PM      Profile for Fehler   Email Fehler         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ha.. you had me at the first clue just hadn't read this before now.

Leonard, congrats. I've been lurking the site for a few weeks & signed up earlier this week.

Posts: 12 | From: Crawford, TX. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Fehler, [Big Grin] Hey your log in name is spelled just the way I would have said it. [Wink] I think I know that movie by heart. Got the collectors edition and everything. Ranks right up there with the hunting video collection, well almost. [Big Grin] Glad to have ya aboard!

Play for blood, thats just my game.

Todd

[ October 14, 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, Fehler. Glad to have you on board. (is that you George?)

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 04:40 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

I'd like to send you a contribution. Where to?

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 06:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the offer, 2dogs. I appreciate it.

This is my pay back to the predator hunting community. All of you are my friends; "Mi casa, su casa" in effect, so it wouldn't be right to collect dues in this house.

I will pay the bills until I can't handle it any more and at that point, we may have to pull the plug? LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 07:51 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Your a swell guy, Leonard [Smile]
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 08:42 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

If you ever pull the plug on this board, I will personally drop Krusty on your doorstep for an extended visit.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 14 posted October 14, 2005 09:00 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard if you ever get tired of footing the bill don't be afraid to ask for some donations. You can count me in if you ever need some compensation.

Thanks for picking up the bill and giving us a place to play.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 10:12 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, thanks for providing the club house. That is a pile of hits and bandwidth. This is my first stop and many times my last especially when time is tight. I'm sure there are other options before the plug gets pulled.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 10:56 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Home Sweet Home... [Smile]

Thanks Leon'!!!!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters