The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Serious question..... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Serious question.....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted October 22, 2005 12:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It has come to my attention that Predator hunters are in the highest percentile for failed marriages.

Have you been a victim of female spite? Please tell us about it, and ways to keep them fat and happy. (I know, I know) Easier said than done.

So, how many times have you lost a wife over hunting? Let's figure this out.

Does a message board help or hurt?

Is it the best form of group therapy?

Good hunting. LB

edit:
(what's the limit, anyway?)

[ October 22, 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 01:17 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
My understanding is that predator hunters fall right behind career Military servicemen, who are second to law enforcement officers. But the suicide rate of predator hunters is much lower than either of the other two.

I've only lost one wife due to my hunting prefrences. The other one bailed because her mother didn't like me. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 02:10 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still on my first and plan to stay that way, but I think the secret is that usually when I go hunting I bring home a check, that seems to soothe her more than anything. I'm either getting paid to hunt, or guide, or there's a fur check, or selling a video, and if I go to a contest I better damn well place (not that I always do). But I'm fairly sure that money is the secret, and she's apparently figured out by now that I'm not smart enough to do much else so she's stuck with what limited income I can generate by killing things.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 02:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm going to see if I can get anybody to pay for my predator hunting. Thanks, Cal.

Yeah, we score pretty low on the suicide, maybe because we see what a bullet can do when it contacts flesh?

Tom, most mothers-in-law don't like their daughter's choice. That's no excuse.

We need to hear from Danny.

Good hunting. LB

edit: Cal, we ALL "plan" on keeping it at one wife. Some are luckier than others.

[ October 22, 2005, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Timberghozt
Member # 707

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 02:40 PM      Profile for Timberghozt   Author's Homepage   Email Timberghozt         Edit/Delete Post 
No problems at all with mine.She was used to me being gone for long periods of time when I was in the military.I think she is happy to see me gone hunting nowadays.I guess it keeps me out of her hair and vice versa.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.handloadersbench.com

Posts: 48 | From: Salado, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 03:08 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
LB, I wasn't her daughters choice. Her daughter was my choice. [Wink]
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 03:21 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been married,41 years!..this past sept.25th, to the same woman..[don't ask,how we did it,cause i don't know]..I straight out told her,my first love was hunting and she was a close second..[she didn't like that!] but figured second was better than none..[i wouldn't have excepted that,but she did!]...Well through the years she earned her place as no.1 [so she thinks!]..You always want a woman think,she is the'Queen of Sheba'..She don't mind me being on the puter,cause she is used to this "wild ass"[name she calls me] running around,up in the mountains..Sure hope she don't read this!..not a lot of fun, sitting your"wild ass" in the shed, with all those smelly, mist,lure,and bait bottles!

[ October 22, 2005, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Melvin ]

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 05:46 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kinda in the same boat as Cal. I set up my writing/ hunting several years ago along with my taxidermy as a business venture and now it pays for itself. Otherwise, I couldn't afford all the time I'm away from home.

I guess predator hunters could be like taxidermists in the sense that I asked a good friend of mine in the taxidermy world - a world class competitor and judge, no less, who was married to "sweetheart" number 4 at the time - what it took to be a world class taxidermist. His reply... at least one ex-wife.

My wife knew when she met me that killing God's creatures was a big part of who and what I am, and if that is taken away, I just become a sulking child, moping around the house, bitching. I tagged out on my buck on October 4 one year becasue she didn't want me spending all Fall in my deer stand rather than at home. By October 11, she was asking me why in the hell I shot one so early since I knew I wouldn't have a thing to do until trapping and calling season. She's never complained since.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 09:44 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
No comment [Frown]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2005 06:31 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Married 29yrs, still huntin coyote [Cool] .
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2005 11:20 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Retired US Marine Corps, Married for 21 years, Hunting for all my life.

Married a Vermont girl who came from a family of hunters and fishermen. She knew what she was getting into.

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2005 11:22 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Al, has it stopped raining up there, yet?
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2005 10:05 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Well it did for a day or two, and then it started back up. Now they are saying we are going to get what is left of Wilma this week.

Wish it was snow. Sure would make the hunting better [Smile]

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
timbertoes
Member # 604

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2005 10:16 PM      Profile for timbertoes   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
oh man....

wife was overhearing a phone call this evening...

"$50 a month to coyote hunt those properties? why sure, thank you"

and at that point in time.....heckfire and brimestone

Posts: 20 | From: Van Alstyne, TX | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2005 11:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, sometimes us wives only find out things from overhearing phone conversations. Other wise we are in the dark! You boys are bad! [Big Grin]

Mrs. L.B.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 04:57 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Im lucky I guess. My wife encourages me to go when I can. I get pretty stressed with work and she is considerate enough and knows that I actually relax alot calling predators. And a few trips away for a few days is good too.

Used to be the same with fishing til my back got to where I couldnt stand in a boat all day. Now there is another sport that takes its toll on marriages. Tournament fishing. For several years I would average 2 tournaments a month, year round, and many of those were on the road. Gone ALOT. There were good paydays involved with fishing. Not so much with hunting, for me. Of course, I do it for pleasure more than anything though.

I think I got a keeper and have no intention of letting go.

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 09:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife runs hot and cold on hunting. Sometimes she is positive and sometimes, I guess she doesn't like to be left alone? It also seems to hinge on who I'm going with. Buddies take a back seat to family, near as I can figure? She hates hunt contests.

Oh well, so far I'm in first place 43½ years.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 06:04 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to test this a bit....

Nancy, milk it for all it is worth!!!!

I feel like a bit of a voyuer... or however you spell it!

I have a comment or two about hunting endangering a marriage and they may run a bit contrary to common sentiment...

I'll post shortly after I deal with the situation at hand - that being loosely translated in to "yes, mam, do you think I can...

Ahh, I was married once and had Michael Bolten tapes confused with predator tapes. None of us are that strong.... The big "D" follows shortly thereafter.......,.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 06:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I get it, Joe? Real men don't ASK if they can go hunting? lol LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 06:29 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I'm not sure if any of us got it.... me in particular. Some of us beg!!! LOL!

I have/had a related story. I'll shortly seek permission and pick the memory banks a bit...

Or just shut up and see what comes next! That might just be safe.... did I ever mention how wonderful it is to share your experiences with those around you????

I was also kinda saying hello to your wife, gotta be a great gal!.... Kinda wondering if she has a sister????

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 06:28 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the cryptic posts - I was having waaaay too much fun with this topic here, live and in person. We were having a good laugh and not much of the story was making it on to the screen.

I quit talking and typing when the gently messaging fingers transformed in to bands of steel wrapped around my neck, and then the blunt force trauma of a heel of the hand to the back of the head.

I really have a related tale to tell when I have time, and it's safe....

[ October 25, 2005, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: JoeF ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 08:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nancy has no sister, she has three brothers, which prepared her as much as possible for marriage. She has several girlfriends, including my sister that she considers sisters. She is one in a million, that's for sure!

Yes, you are certainly talking in code, Joe; very cryptic.

Good hunting. LB

[ October 25, 2005, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 10:45 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
'S'OK Joe, I understand.
IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 12:11 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
let me see if I can answer this topic:

Yes Dear... I am going hunting
Yes Dear... I am going fishing
Yes Dear... that WAS a man that called asking advice on coyotes
Yes Dear... I am taking HIM hunting with me

and the final response is:
Yes Dear... those ARE Divorce Papers

sooo... Nance has a brother, eh? [Wink]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barndog
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 12:24 PM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
The first day my bride came out to the house to meet the folks I was only home for a few minutes when I spotted a fox on the back 40. Four hours later I was skining that thing out in front of her. The thing that impressed me the most is not that she tolerated me being gone and skinned out the fox in front of her, but that she survived 4 hours with my mother.
Posts: 185 | From: Idaho | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters