The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » video guys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: video guys
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 05:29 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
What is the easiest way to get analog video (not mini dv) (I don't know much about this stuff) to a DVD? I have a DVD burner but I lack the software and hardware or whatever else is needed.

[ December 07, 2005, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 08:01 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Is the analog device a VCR or camcorder?
Is the DVD Recorder for a computer ot TV?
Are you operating Windows XP?

To get the analog signal to the DVD Burner hooked up to the computer, you will need to capture the video on the computer itself. Your computer will be required to have a capture card installed ($9 to $399). If you don't have one of these, you're hosed.

Option 2:
If you have a digital camcorder, you can hook up the analog device to a digital camcorder (called a passthrough in this case) and then use a firewire hookup to go from the digital camcorder to your computer (if you have a firewire port on both the digital camcorder and computer). USB won't work. Once that is done, you then open up Windows MovieMaker which is secretly installed on all XP computers. I would recommend updating the MovieMaker program with the free upgrade called MovieMakerII.

TV Burner Option:
If you have a DVD burner hooked up to your TV, then all you need to do is connect the RCA plugs from your analog device to the DVD player to record.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Knows what it's all about
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 09:07 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny

The easiest way would be to take the analog video and a case of beer and some pizza over to Jays house. [Big Grin]

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 09:51 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Byron knows.

FYI
The quality of finished DVD is directly affected by the beer brand too.

Budweiser seems to produce higher quality DVD's.

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 05:38 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay is waaaay ahead of me on this. So, "What Jay said...".

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 06:39 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay,
How do you find the secretly installed Windows movie maker?

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 07:41 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Do a search on your computer for moviemk.exe

Go here to download Windows Movie Maker 2.1 (which is an updated version with more bells and whistles.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

I think you may need to have Service Pack2 installed, but that is a free microsoft download as well. If you're on dial up I would suggest calling Microsoft to have them send you the Service Pack2 disk. It's free. You can order it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

There are other free downloads to supplement Movie Maker such as extra transitions, panels, titles, etc. you will discover as you get more involved with Movie Maker.

More good reading can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/getstarted/default.mspx

[ December 08, 2005, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 05:04 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,

If you are running Windows XP. it should just be a matter of clicking on "Start" > All Programs > Windows Movie Maker.

It's a neat program. My kids make the funniest little movies and slide shows on it.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2005 06:33 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Guys, I did not know that was there. But it will be fun to play with, and save me going to Murphy's house everytime I want to play with a clip.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 15, 2005 06:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal..... you cowboys!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2005 08:04 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Jay!!! I would have given an in depth analysis of the situation, but you beat me to it. Thank goodness because I dont have a freagen clue what you just said, but it sounded like it will work. [Razz] Whens the beer and pizza getting there?

Hey Leonard, I just realized that everyone on this post is a senor member but me. I am an outcast, and it feels gooood. [Big Grin]

Todd

[ December 15, 2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2005 08:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, it's because you still have a life, away from the key board. (and a pretty wife)

But, I see that you don't have far to go to make a seņor? That's a significant milestone, one to be proud of, kinda like an "Internet Guru". [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2005 09:08 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd. Just don't ask me to repeat it. I asked my nephew to type it.

--------------------

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2005 09:53 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay I am very impressed. Pizza will be your choice but I must insist on a twelve pack of Pacifico! [Wink]

Thank you for the info. I have some really cool old video on Hi-8 tapes. I've never done anything with it. Rich got me to thinking about that coyote I have getting hit by a pick-up truck on video. LOL Thanks again!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2005 06:44 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of connection cord do I need to go from my XL1 to my computer? That is my next question, but I'm sure there will be more! LOL!

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters