The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Snipepod

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snipepod
fuzzy
PAKMAN
Member # 758

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2005 01:22 PM      Profile for fuzzy   Email fuzzy         Edit/Delete Post 
I whent to my local Sportsmans Warehouse last night and while drooling,I mean looking around,I saw a 30" Snipepod.I have been lokking at them on their website but had no idea that they were that small in diamater.

Has anyone used these?Are they stronger than they look?I couldnt take them out of the package to inspect.

For 100 clams I want to make sure its money well spent.

Thanks in advance. [Cool]

--------------------
Some times you just gotta say...Hmmmm

Posts: 7 | From: Chandler,Arizona | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rob
Knows what it's all about
Member # 75

Icon 14 posted December 22, 2005 02:49 PM      Profile for Rob   Email Rob         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a pair..the best in my opinion...have a set of Vern Howey's like them alot to.

--------------------
"Where did all these #$%^&* Indians come from?" Gen. George Armstrong Custer

Posts: 224 | From: Clancy Montana | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2005 03:07 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I have wore out two sets of snipe pods, and while I really like them, it's hard to reccomend them for heavy use.

[ December 22, 2005, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Cal Taylor ]

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2005 03:58 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I use the Snipepod and really like it. The Snipepod gets used the most for coyotes but I keep them folded up in pack when hunting big game and doing the walk around varmint shooting thing also. Nice and compact, and don't hardly weigh anything, and you have them if you need them. So far my set has held up fine.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2005 04:05 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Check out the Stoney Point telescoping bipod. I have the compact model, 16" to 38" and really like the fact that when it comes time to carry a critter back to the truck, I can 'scope them down and stick them in my belt. I've only been using them this season, but so far....no problems.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
fuzzy
PAKMAN
Member # 758

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2005 06:48 PM      Profile for fuzzy   Email fuzzy         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the feedback,its helped me alot.

I had been leaning towards these bi-pods so I'm glad to hear there not flimsy.Like I said,the size through me for a loop.

As far as heavy hunting,I go on two hunts a year max.Lots of working up loads at the range though.

Again,Thanks

--------------------
Some times you just gotta say...Hmmmm

Posts: 7 | From: Chandler,Arizona | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2005 10:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We should also mention that one of our members #702 Brent Rueb, who is the promoter of the St Francis Midwest hunt contest; also makes and $ells a line of shooting sticks.
http://www.predatorsniperstyx.com/

Good hunting. LB

[ December 22, 2005, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigc
Member # 777

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 09:31 AM      Profile for bigc   Email bigc         Edit/Delete Post 
I have had 2 sets and got rid of both sets. I thought they weren't stable enough for longer distance shots. I went with the shooting sticks as well.

C

Posts: 32 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters