The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hich Riggins

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hich Riggins
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 03:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you.
I got your Video, Professor.

"Up Close and Personal" arrived today.

Might have been sooner but the street I live on is Aster, not Asher.

Hope you make a ton of money from it. All our members should buy it!

If you can't learn, he will even refund your shipping and handling....maybe?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31506 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 04:02 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen it twice, and most of it countless times from the raw footage I have lying around here. There's a ton of information for anyone that is willing to look for it and be open to learning. It's a great watch. Where can I get my copy?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 05:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished.

Yes, some of it I have seen before, at one time or another, but this puts it all together. I'm sure I recognized a few locations, having been there myself? Oh, like in Higgin's front yard.

Interesting behavior. I doubt you will find another source with as much close up, unspooked action?

Good job, Rich.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 05:31 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that people who view this video take away from it that there is much to learn from a coyote when you don't subscribe to that carnal instict to kill them at first sight. There isn't a thing wrong with killing coyotes, but in doing so, you've eliminated the best teacher about all things coyote that you'll ever be offered. Since learning this fact, mostly from Rich, I have advanced well up the learning curve by worrying less about my body count, and more about being able to effectively work the coyote in front of me. Over time, thge body count happens on its own.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 21, 2006 08:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins keep an eye on things for me, please. Don't let 'em burn the place down.

In the morning, I'm off to Quartzite for a few days.

Years ago I remember shooting coyotes right in town as I turned off to go south on 95. Not no more. That place is unbelievable, this time of year. It's like one giant swap meet.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

sparkyibewlocal440
Knows what it's all about
Member # 397

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 09:01 PM      Profile for sparkyibewlocal440   Email sparkyibewlocal440         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey fella's
I'm kinda in the dark here,but sounds like Mr.Higgins has a video for sale?Where do I sign up?Thanks, Gary

Posts: 170 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 08:23 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, Leonard has a promo copy. It will be a couple of weeks yet.
Leonard. A few days in Quartzite? Whty not a similarly exotic place like Outer Mongolia or Bum****, Egypt.
One of those bargain senior retiree tours?

IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 09:48 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins? Why are you giving Higgins the keys?

His video was good, but it was just pure education.

You should have put Uncle Jay in charge. His video was not only educational, but it is the only one I know of that has BOTH a talking coyote, and a farting bear in it.

You really should reconsider who you leave in charge of things!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 09:59 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, you haven't even seen the video yet. No instruction, no how to's. Just pure entertainment for fans of calling.
Now if Jay were to take his video on the road, show it at the small art theaters in SF and off broadway NY, give the patrons a hit of LSD along with their ticket he would have an instant "cult" classic.

[ January 22, 2006, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 11:13 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich's footage is a real eye-opener.
He shows that it isn't impossible to keep coyotes out in front of you for extended periods of time. He literally has coyotes and fox in his lap and has to use the camera tripod to fight them off.

You'll also see him squirting mist several times. It is so real I had to break out the 409 and clean the TV screen.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 05:20 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll also see him squirting mist several times. It is so real I had to break out the 409 and clean the TV screen.

Now thats funny! LMAO Jay! Did it smell like re fried beans?

Rich, Did a very good job. I enjoyed it as well! The title fits it perfect...UP Close and Personal! I to had seen alot of the footage before and could relate to alot of the spots he was in, but I still love the Up close look at coyotes and I think it will be a big plus to alot of callers!

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 06:36 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished my copy. Very interesting, and nicely done. As stated earlier, the "must kill" crowd will find it bloodless, but it's the best bloodless video on coyotes I have ever seen. But then it's also the only bloodless coyote video I have ever seen. It gets across several points on handling coyotes, and shows that setup and misting do work most of the time. The one thing I wish Rich would have done different is show some of his setups from the coyotes point of view, just to show that proper setup has alot to so with his success in keeping coyotes hooked. I can also see, that somewhere down the line, someone is going to get their wife's couch poodle ate by trying to imitate Higgins!

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2006 05:58 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, I did show our setup in the "Calling Tutorial" clip. Didn't you learn something from that? lol Bill Martz told me that he addresses both Leonard and me by name in his new video and that it isn't flattering, soooo-- my Ode To Bill Martz.
Did you watch the Contributed section? I was entertained by all of those clips, fascinated by the coyotes killing the javelina from Ronnie.
This is not an instructional video. I do not explain how to do anything. I do explain what is happening on screen at the time. I did explain the misting clips as well as I could. But the video is just what I sub-titled it,
"A Minor Celebration of the Art and Science of Calling Coyotes"
It is just stuff that I see on stand that interests me and I want to share it with other callers of like mind. It is just entertainment, that's all. Pot Pourri.

STILL A SLUT-- BUT SOON TO BE A HO!

[ January 24, 2006, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

RonDell
PAKMAN
Member # 761

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2006 06:36 AM      Profile for RonDell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
When will your video be in the stores? I guess I have become a coyote video junkie.

Is there some kind of master list for videos covering predator calling?

--------------------
Ron

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2006 06:37 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
But if I wanted to learn how to spackle?
Would I find this in the contributed section also? Or would this be covered in Bill's video.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2006 08:37 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, I'm not understanding you. If indeed you did mean "spackle" try Bob Villa's video on drywall, if you actually meant "sparkle" try Bob's video on electric wiring, if you meant "cackle" try "Debbie Does Dallas"(that one will probably make you "sparkle" also).
Ron, Ap Jones has the most complete list that I have seen. ALLPREDATORCALLS.com

AllPredatorCalls
PAKMAN
Member # 724

Icon 14 posted January 27, 2006 01:54 PM      Profile for AllPredatorCalls   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
“Not polished or professionally filmed, no blood or guts, no dead coyotes … Its JUST the most fascinating look and urban coyotes behavior I’ve ever seen, the threat barking coyote sequences and coyote behavior footage will give you more insight on how to successfully call coyotes then “100 bang & flop films”… I predict the “misting” segment will spawn a completely new cottage industry and coyote hunting technique, just as dogging coyotes has become more mainstream - I for one will be trying "misting" my next hunt”.

That's my review of the video. [Razz]

AP Jones,
AllPredatorCalls.com

[ January 27, 2006, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: AllPredatorCalls ]

Posts: 2 | From: AllPredatorCalls.com | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 06:38 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Did all of you that have the video have trouble finding the "Contributed Videos" section and the "Pot Pourri" section?
I've spoken to a few people that didn't know they were there.
Do I have to make a change?

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 06:55 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
No problem here, Rich,

It did kind of make me nervous that you knew how to spell Pot Pourri, though.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 09:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim (member #209) asks:
quote:
Higgins? Why are you giving Higgins the keys? You should have put Uncle Jay in charge.
reply: He's member #03, and Uncle Jay is member #140. Even Loco (member # 15) rates ahead of Uncle Jay. Now, can you visualize Loco with his finger on the trigger? But, that doesn't matter, HM management loves him, too. It's just a seniority thing. Yeah, that's it, he's older than Uncle Jay.

Good hunting. LB

PS I think I'm going to review the lost episodes, I may have missed something? Maybe Jay knows how to install a wind direction meter and/or a compass on screen?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 11:11 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, you're too young to remember "Laugh In" from the sixties.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters