The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Good Music

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good Music
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 06:02 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone settle a little disagreement for me?

Last Sunday afternoon, The Wife gave me a little Honey-Do list and went to town.

But on Saturday, I'd bought a case of beer and a new CD.

Suffice it to say that when she got home, she found me working like hell on that case of beer, but I'd forgotten all about her damned list.

Now she's even attacking my taste in music.

She came home to find me singing the 1977 classic, with the refrain "Jesus done forgot about White trash, and if that ain't Country, I'll kiss your ass"

Can someone tell her who sang that great song, so she will know I'm not the only one with good taste in music? She swears that no one but me has ever heard of him or bought one of his CD's.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joel Hughes
SPECIAL GUEST
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 06:24 PM      Profile for Joel Hughes           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Are you referring to David Allan Coe's "If That Ain't Country"?

"If that ain't country it'll hair lip the pope
If that ain't country it's a damn good joke
I've been on the Grand Ol Opry and I know Johnny Cash
And if he ain't country i'll kiss your ass"

There's mention of white trash, but I don't remember him mentioning Jesus though, so I'm not sure if it's the one you're after.

Joel

Posts: 145 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 06:37 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
And it only took 22 minutes to find a winner!

I don't doubt that he sang it a little different each time he was recorded. I didn't recall him mentioning Jesus either until I bought this CD.

I keep telling her that David Allen Coe is the Phish of country music. But I don't think she's catching on.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 07:08 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
David Allen Coe used to live less than a mile down the road from me. Got a real nice place with 100 acres with a split rail fence around it, a 10 acre lake, a huge house with one of the gawdiest master bedrooms I have ever seen and a gaurdhouse with a sign over the road that says "My Elusive Dream" over it.

Some doctor lives there now and let the whole place go to hell.

I like him too Tim.

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doggitter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 489

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 07:47 PM      Profile for Doggitter   Email Doggitter         Edit/Delete Post 
I STILL get chills every time I hear The Ride. Wierd looking fella but he can make some good music.
Posts: 273 | From: Oregon rain forest | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 08:11 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny guy - next time buy the X-Rated CD - she'll love that!

Duckin an a runnin

Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 08:58 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I have two of his CDs in my truck now. His lyrics do cut to the quick. Tell her she needs to listen to the classics Tim:)
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 09:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a friggin clue!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 10:02 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Me neither Leonard. Stevie Ray Vaughn is about as country as I get. We get in the car and my kids instanly start begging me to listen to "Rocky Roll".

Country music is for camel toes! [Razz]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 10:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a deep subject, Danny. There are a lot of total babe singers in CW music, I know that much. The guys? Who cares? Seems like all you need is a hat and a big belt buckle? Oh yeah, a hole in the knees of your Wranglers. Kinda like a truck driver......just kidding, just kidding!

Good hunting. LB

[ February 14, 2006, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 04:17 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm way behind on current music also Leonard. I might as well confess that I have never purchased a CD. I think I remember buying a cassette tape or two in high school?? I couldn't listen to them if I wanted to anyway, my pickup is a 98 and doesn't have a CD player.

As long as I'm letting it all hang out I might as well admit I've never had one of those fancy coffee drinks either. Are they any good? I live in a very sheltered world [Smile]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 06:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Live a little, Lonny! Head out for the big city and have yourself a $6 latte'

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 06:16 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought an XM satellite radio recently. I hardly ever listened to the radio much, mainly because I could never find what I wanted to hear and if I did, I would lose the channel soon.

This thing is great. Well worth the forty bucks and thirteen a month, IMO. They got 160 channels of whatever you want to hear. Some of my favorites are old traditional country, honky tonk style country (70s and 80s mainly), classic rock, Fox News, NASCAR and some comedy channels. There are other good ones too of course.

Anyway, instead of buying CDs, I love this thing. As much travelling as I do, its perfect. I like to listen to news alot and talk radio as well as music and of course NASCAR.

Just thought I would throw that in there as long as were talking about good music....

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 07:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
A good selling point for sat. radio is that at least 75% of AM and FM are Spanish. In Calif, anyway?

[ February 14, 2006, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 10:27 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried that big city thing for the shot show in Las Vegas. Don't think I will again. $3 for a soft drink or even water, $8 for a hot dog. The first night went to the best restaurant in the hotel and had the worst $80 meal in my life.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 05:34 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I didnt mean for that to come off as a commercial. I was just relaying what I think. God knows I dont get anything out of them. Its just that I look good music too and with this thing, I can listen to what I want, with some variety.

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 07:39 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you cowboys really keep yourselves well above reproach! I was hoping to get a rise out of you when I called "ya'll" wussies!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 06:43 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Catskin, you know some of that "Hardcore" stuff wasn't really even D.A.C. right? You probably remember that big fiasco about racism and hate music.

DAC's homepage once had a big article that explained that he is not a white supremists as rumored and he does not agree with the lyrics an imposter used. Songs like "Greasy %$%$" and "She left me for a @#$#(" got his name recognized rather quickly in certain circles... but I'm a big fan of the real D.A.C.

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters