The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » You know what sucks?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You know what sucks?
Doggitter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 489

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 08:57 PM      Profile for Doggitter   Email Doggitter         Edit/Delete Post 
By the time I get here to read and check things out, you all have been here, downed a few, figured the solution to all lifes hangups and departed for greener pastures. Why the hell am I kidding myself anyway, when or even if I get here matters not.
Posts: 273 | From: Oregon rain forest | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 09:24 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Doggitter,
I'm on the same page. Most of the time when I feel like I have something unique to add, as I scroll down...it's already been said. Not that I'm afraid to say it, it's just that I'd be adding to the pile which I'm not entirely fond of diong. It's all in the timing. [Wink]

Brad

(edit) BTW, not to change the subject, but how's that howler resurection coming along?

[ February 21, 2006, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: brad h ]

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 04:31 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

[ February 22, 2006, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 01:01 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
zipping your pecker up in your zipper? That sucks. Almost as bad as unzipping it.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 01:56 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
taxes?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 02:08 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
I been dead, that pretty well sucked.

I'm poor, I like taxes, I get it all back, and with the earned income credit I come out ahead (about $150).
It's like a really good savings account.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 03:17 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Youve been dead? That WOULD suck....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 03:23 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
And the second part of your post tells me you're a liberal Democrat. Consistent with the thread topic - no offense intended. [Razz]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 03:50 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

Yup, I was... it sucked and it didn't suck.

It changed my whole world, and who I was/am. Chances are our paths might have crossed, for other reasons, if I hadn't turned my life around.

Lance,

Did you accept the refund (or reduced payment) you got (because you have kids), a couple years back?

I might be somewhat liberal, but I am also somewhat conservative, depending on the subject at hand.

I am not a Democrat, or a Republican, though.
I refuse to take sides in a political civil war.

I am an American (and damn proud of it).

No offense taken. [Smile]

Somehow I knew, the fact that I get a whole whoppin' $153 back, would piss one of you guys off. [Roll Eyes]

Hey, the EIC was GW's idea... don't yell at me.

Don't you believe in trickle down economics? Heck, I was gonna buy a Foxpro with that money... [Big Grin]

Krusty  -

[ February 22, 2006, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 04:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Admitted, Huntmasters is a little on the conservative side, but there is ALWAYS room for those with Democratic leanings.

Economically speaking, I don't know the net worth of any member, but I do notice that some people have an admirable gun and barrel budget.

I think Krusty is disabled? but he DOES work when he can, as opposed to some members of society. If he gets his tax money back, he is right in there with many millionaires that manage the same thing. Poor guy can't afford a scope. I know there is somebody out there that has a decent scope they aren't using and could "lend" it to a deserving member.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31480 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 04:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, forgot why I was posting, in the first place.

Because we have four time zones, a lot of activity occurs before west coasters are up. Same deal, when eastern and central time zones are snug in bed, we are still active. Therefore, can't be helped if we (that work for a living) in the Pacific Time Zone, get in on the tail end of a discussion.

See following chart for activity, all based on Pacific time zone. First number after the time is the number of page requests

Feb 21, 2006 00:00 - 00:59 77 0
49. Feb 21, 2006 01:00 - 01:59 89 0
50. Feb 21, 2006 02:00 - 02:59 28 0
51. Feb 21, 2006 03:00 - 03:59 30 1
52. Feb 21, 2006 04:00 - 04:59 119 0
53. Feb 21, 2006 05:00 - 05:59 235 1
54. Feb 21, 2006 06:00 - 06:59 397 1
55. Feb 21, 2006 07:00 - 07:59 266 2
56. Feb 21, 2006 08:00 - 08:59 364 4
57. Feb 21, 2006 09:00 - 09:59 412 3
58. Feb 21, 2006 10:00 - 10:59 385 0
59. Feb 21, 2006 11:00 - 11:59 505 9
60. Feb 21, 2006 12:00 - 12:59 459 3
61. Feb 21, 2006 13:00 - 13:59 602 3
62. Feb 21, 2006 14:00 - 14:59 532 1
63. Feb 21, 2006 15:00 - 15:59 493 2
64. Feb 21, 2006 16:00 - 16:59 564 5
65. Feb 21, 2006 17:00 - 17:59 629 2
66. Feb 21, 2006 18:00 - 18:59 499 0
67. Feb 21, 2006 19:00 - 19:59 603 10
68. Feb 21, 2006 20:00 - 20:59 499 4
69. Feb 21, 2006 21:00 - 21:59 730 1
70. Feb 21, 2006 22:00 - 22:59 509 6
71. Feb 21, 2006 23:00 - 23:59 226 1
72. Feb 22, 2006 00:00 - 00:59 54 0

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 04:43 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... maybe I'll spend the $153 to mount a scope on the Mosin-Nagant.

On the climbing site, they thought I was one of the (few) gun toten' Republican conservatives, sometimes you just can't win.

I'm not disabled, in the traditional sense (or mentally, really)(no, really).

In 1999 while working for myself (pruning a fruit tree), and uninsured, I severly (compound) fractured my tib-fib (ankle for you laymen), and tore loose most of the ligaments (sic?) that attach it.

When I tumbled to a stop, my foot was on backwards, and just flopped around when I picked it up.

That sucked!

To get a really good idea what was broken, the doctor asked me if he could "put it under traction" (edit, and take the x-ray)... he meant to pull on it 'til that leg was about 4" longer than the other, while I bit on a towel and screamed...
I dunno why I agreed?

Talk about suck.

Because I was uninsured (I was covered by the wife's job, until three weeks before I got hurt), they sent me home, in a soft splint, to wait 4 days for my surgery, and recommended I pick up a bottle of tylenol on the way home... "maybe extra strength..."

That really sucked.

I walk with a pretty good limp now), and still carry a 9" steel plate (that looks like a 12" cresent wrench handle, with the ends cut off), and a pile of screws (most notibly a 4" one that goes all the way through the ankle, from side to side).

I just finished paying it all off this last fall, $27.453, and I can't remember how many cents.

That totally completely sucked.

I always worked physical labor jobs, and can't work as hard at the same work I always had.

Now I work for an excavator, doing mostly new septic systems. A fair amount of saddle time in the backhoe, and a lot less physical work, but I still work hard.

Doesn't suck too bad, most days.

I have never been the ant, I am the grasshopper. [Smile]

I work a little, and play a lot. My dad joked at his recent retirement party "I'm gonna have to learn how to be retired from Jeffrey, he's been retired his whole life, but he always manages to pay his bills".

Krusty  -

P.S. Hey Lance,

Thank God for Levis button-fly jeans eh? [Smile]

[ February 22, 2006, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 07:16 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
K-

I suspect you and I are both more Libertarian than anything. And yes, thank God for button ups.

Your injury sounds like it really sucked. In 8 years in EMS, I saw some pretty nasty fractures and most opf the "good ones" made me stop and think, "Holy shit!" Saw one young gal - about 19 - who's boyfriend hit the end of a guardrail on the Interstate. She took the "down and under" route where she piled up underthe dash panel on the front passenger side. Both her legs incurred multiple open fractures when they basically just accrdioned from the force.One leg was fractrured in eight spots between the knee and ankle, the other - six. Bone ends were protruding at every possible angle and she didn't feel anything. Asked us if her legs were alright in this matter of fact tone while strapped to a full spine board and while we hustled to get large bore IV's in her arms. As hard as we tried to not let the gravity of the situation show on our faces, she knew that it was "unusual" for both medics to be in the back of the truck while a firefighter drove with all the goodies going fullbore.

Do you have any problem running the backhoe with the bum ankle? Depressing the clutch, etc.?

--------------------

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 08:31 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

I've been in on a few rescues, in my time (I have my First Responder's card), many a lot worse than my injury.
Fully dusted ankles are pretty common among climbers, even if you don't hit the ground (you can take a pretty violent swing into the rock).

There's no way (emotionally) I could have been an EMT, though I have the aptitude for it, I just always felt so dang bad for the people I helped.
And was devastated by those I could not, being "in charge" when people die...

That SUCKS big time. [Frown]

No, I don't have too much trouble with the backhoe, it's a hydra-matic transmisson, with a hand throttle so all I have to deal with are the split brake pedals (when I am driving,) with my good foot.
For most of the digging, I just push the machine forward with the back-bucket, put the outriggers back down and dig. And that's all done with hand controls.

The bobcat and the "trackcat" both run on a joystick (completely), so they're my favorites.

The hardest thing I do, on my ankle, is to walk on a sidehill, with my left foot on the high side, add some downhill to it, and I am in agony.
The plate is too stiff, and just transmits the force (and the flex) to the middle of my tibia.
And my ankle being fused, by the big ass screw through it, only makes the problem worse.

I'll still walk you AND Q into the dirt. [Wink] LOL

Krusty  -

--------------------

Doggitter
Member # 489

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2006 07:50 PM      Profile for Doggitter   Email Doggitter         Edit/Delete Post 
I DO get the point.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2006 09:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What was the point, anyway? Hell, that was (like)a month ago, I don't remember? Oh yeah, just wade in and tell us what is on your mind, if we have heard it before or not? But, logging on once a week, you are going to have a hard time keeping up, dude!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Doggitter
Member # 489

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2006 05:33 PM      Profile for Doggitter   Email Doggitter         Edit/Delete Post 
"But, logging on once a week, you are "

Hell Leonard, I get here almost every day and I still can't keep up. This country bumpkin isn't in the same lane as most of you folk.

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 08:26 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Doggitter,

Try clicking on the, "Today's Active Topics" button at the top of the page. When I am running short on time and I want to stay caught up that's what I do. It is a quicker way than going to HMbbs, then selecting the forum, then selecting the topics one at a time. You actually spend a lot of time surfing around the forums looking for who said what recently. I do use that method when I have more time. However, I find myself reading the same posts over and over again. That really wastes time!

Use the "Today's Active Topics" button and I guarantee you will spend a lot less time and still stay caught up! [Smile]

[ March 03, 2006, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 11:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Danny. I tried it, works great! LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 03:34 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL You're only jibing me right?!?!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 04:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
right

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters