The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Have you ever been?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have you ever been?
Raven
Knows what it's all about
Member # 204

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2006 12:30 AM      Profile for Raven   Email Raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever been homesick? Have you ever stood at the edge of a canyon and felt yourself falling in although your feet were planted? Have you ever spread wings and flown to incredible heights, only to fall? Have you ever picked up and moved 1500 miles from home? Have you ever missed the smell of a dirty old barn? Have you ever missed the sounds of your old dog's bark? Have you ever taken 10 steps back for every 2 steps forward?
Have you ever felt a courage that you never knew you had surge up inside of you from out of nowhere? Have you ever said goodbye to all you hold dear and hello to a new life? Have you ever been scared of all the wonderful possiblities that life holds for you? Have you ever talked to God and asked him to make you more sane? Have you ever held your child and told them it would be alright? Have you ever wished on a shooting star for another person? Have you ever?

I was in a writing mood tonight. I know it's not the typical thing on here, but maybe one of you will read this and know just how I feel tonight. So far from home, with the world at my feet....

--------------------
A steak is a terrible thing to waste!

Posts: 38 | From: Killeen TX | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2006 03:42 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, every 18 months for 18 years.

Sign me,

One of ten million military kids.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2006 05:24 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Every now and then I do. Then I get a call from a friend or my parents back in Indiana. And I listen to them talk about the cold, and the ice and snow and the rain and the humidity and the mosquitoes, and all of the people.

Then I walk out of my back deck, and look at the 20 million stars that I can't see back east because of all of the pollution, or I look at cars going down the highway, so far away that I can't hear them, or the silhouettes of the mountains all around me.

And I know that the only way you will ever get me to move back to Indiana, is to take me feet first in a pine box.

I'm home now, and I'm staying right here.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2006 07:35 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, I've had many homes. Home is where the heart is. When I move to a new place I just don't look backward with a sense of loss. I make myself look forward to all the potential and possibilities my new home has.
IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2006 08:35 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw Baby... For almost 25 years we have traveled on that same bumpy path together, hand in hand, arm in arm as we finally came up on a "Y" in the road.

I think it's because we needed those almost 25 years together for both of us to build our courage, strength, prepare our feathers, so to speak and get ready for flight.

Now the time has come for you to take the path to the left and me to take the one to the right. It's time to see just what we are made of. In time those two paths will meet again as they peak back into one. We will share each others stories and successes in life and be that much better for the distance that we had to endure.

The farm will always be here, the winds will always be blowing through the pines and making them dance. Like you and I talking on the phone at the same time and standing under the same stars... we will never be far apart. We will always be standing side by side, just a little stronger and a little taller day by day and awaiting that day that our paths join once again.

Give Em H*ll Harry!
Keep Your Chin Up Baby!
Home Is Where You Hang Your Hat!
All Of Your Mamma's Love...

The Ole Crow

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2006 04:32 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Raven,

go outside tonight and look up at that nearly full moon overhead. Have Crow Woman do the same and know that both of you are looking at the same thing.

As most know, I live only a few miles from where I was raised with the graves of all my family that have gone before me in between. My wife, on the other hand, has moved more in her life than she cares for. Sometimes because she didn't want to, and had to. She knows I'm locked to this land and knows where we'
ll be forever laid when that time comes. In the meantime, wherever the wind carries us.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2006 05:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Lance. I figured you would chime in on the "what is this thread"? Didn't see it, or what? LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2006 06:53 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking sharp-shin, but I always get those and Cooper's mixed up since I've only seen a few of each. We're seeing more of the sharp-shins around here and those little bastards can really get after mourning doves and the like. Looks like a good ol' fashioned dogfight.

Would have chimed in earlier but I've been living the good life this past week in the condo I inherited with my brother and sister in Winter Park, CO. Actually, ours is in Branson, but dad had exchanged the time on his time share to WP for us to take a vacation together. After his death, we decided to take the trip anyway since it was all paid for. I ate the monotony of having little to do so my wife could spend a few days with her best friend who lives just west of there and who we haven't seen for 11 years. Had a good time but it's nice to be home.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters