The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Grubworms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grubworms
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2006 07:32 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
I picture ACC like a grubmworm that just had the shit slung out of him/her, but what I want to know is what scope (power)would you place on your AR if you were using one? It would be a 223.
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2006 07:10 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not clear on the ACC comment, but there is already a 3x9 Burris Signature on your AR, for just a few extra dollars.....

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
doggin coyotes
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 05:24 AM      Profile for doggin coyotes           Edit/Delete Post 
I picture Brad as the little kid back in 4th or 5th grade that just didn't fit in. With stupid statements like that I can see why.
Brad, I'm not sure you're mature enough to be on a computer. You own an AR or are going to own one? That's scary right there.
dc

Posts: 10 | From: colorado | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 06:21 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad's OK, you don't need to worry about him. He just stumbled across ACC's first post on this board, where he was trash talking a friend. Not a real good way to make an entrance, or friends. Pissed off several of us.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 06:43 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep DC, Brad is about to own an AR and he'll do fine with it. Any comments about ACC were brought on by ACC himself with his grand entrance that Tim was talking about. But there may have been a little (or alot) of scotch involved when he posted, and you can't fault a guy for inbibing a little, although I don't really care for scotch much. I have about got Brad convinced that Crown Royal is alot better.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 07:22 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Cal you gotta get Brad hooked on those Horse and Riders. 1\2 Apricot Brandy-1\2 Crown Royal. Ouch!!!
Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 07:30 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Brad I have 3 AR's, each rigged up differently. One has a 3.5-10 Leupold on it, another has iron sights but I have a 2.5-8 Leupold for it as well, the other one has an eo-tech on it. Each has it's place, I use to have a 1.5-5 Leupold for the timber but the eo-tech is faster to get on target. Cal is right about the 3-9, an all around scope for any rifle.

If you want to try any of these out let me know, I have all the tools needed to work on AR's as well.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 07:41 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
doggincoyotes. ACC's first post was an attack on board members. Kinda like your's. Usually not a good start.
IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 09:28 AM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking of putting a 3-9 on it. I know Cal's shots are quite a bit longer than mine most of the time and was curious about the shorter ranges. I guess we'll have to discuss $$$ next week Cal.

Tom-That would be great! I really appreciate the offer. When I get back from Wyoming, I'll contact you and we can get together.

DC-What a post. My apologies for stepping on anyone's toes. I didn't realize you and ACC were sisters.

Apricot Brandy and Crown Royal?? I think I'll stick to the Scotch...it brings out the best in me.

doggin coyotes
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 11:15 AM      Profile for doggin coyotes           Edit/Delete Post 
Sisters? Naw, I don't even know the guy.
I registered over here on Huntmasters when the shit storm hit over on the PM board. I mainly came over here to see what was being said that couldn't be said over there. It was some interesting reading on both boards at the time. To tell ya the truth I kinda like it over here for the simple fact that the board isn't moderated to death. If a guy wants to speak his mind over here, it looks like Leonard pretty much lets him do it. That's good and I'm all for it.
I've read all the ACC posts and all the replies back and forth. Like I said, I don't know the guy, maybe he had an agenda with his first post, maybe he had a little scotch in him at the time also. I know he rubbed some of you guys the wrong way right from the get go. Probably rightfully so too. But scotch or no scotch, to start a new post titled *grubworms* and the very first sentence in the post is a grubworm/ACC comparison is just plain stupid and ignorant. Sorry guys, but that's the way I see it.
I do realize that in my very first post over here that I probably shouldn't of posted what I did. Not a good way to start off I suppose. But that just rubbed me the wrong way. Now if ya all want to jump on me for bashing Brad, I reckon I can't stop ya. I'm gettin old and the back ain't what it used to be. So if you're gonna jump on, please be gentle and not all at the same time.

Now I've got a question if somebody can answer it or will answer it. Over on the CoyoteGods board I think I read somewhere that a guy named Vic and JH hunted/called coyotes alot together. Maybe even made a coyote hunting video together. Is this Vic fella the same Vic I see you guys refer to on this board? I think his handle is AZ something or the other.
Sorry again about my very first post. I guess a guy has to start somewhere though and that looked like as good of place as any to jump in. lol
Hope to be around for awhile,
dc

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 12:12 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
dc, yup that Vic is the one and the same. He'll be at the campout as always. You ought to see if you can make it . Great bunch of guys and some great time around the campfire. You will come away surprised that some of us don't have horns and a tail. I was after the first campout. lol
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 12:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, DC. Glad to have you on board....I see you know everyone?

Brad Norman seems to be an okay guy, near as I can tell, but just between you and me, I was not real clear on the "grubworm" allegory, either?

PS Good News! Vic will (again) have an autograph table set up at the campout; rumor has it that he taught JH everything he knows?

-

Good hunting. LB

[ August 29, 2006, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 01:17 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
"A grubworm with the shit slung out of them" means someone who doesn't feel well. I guess I just assumed that ACC didn't feel well because of his first post. Or, maybe I didn't feel well because I was having to read them?
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 01:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I didn't understand either. I thought it was the same as the old joke,
"What's transparent and lies in the gutter?"

ACC with the shit kicked out of him.

Of course I mean no offense. [Smile]

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 01:44 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
All the grubworm stuff aside, I think that "fitting in" back in grade school isn't anything I would want to aspire to anyway. I sure as Hell didn't fit in, and looking back now, I'd be embarrassed to think about it today if I had.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
doggin coyotes
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 02:35 PM      Profile for doggin coyotes           Edit/Delete Post 
Well thanks for the welcome Leonard. I really don't know any of these guys personally. I feel like I know some of them in a round about way just by talking and posting back and forth over on the PM board. That's about as close as I've got to meeting any of them in person. All in all they seem like a great bunch of mangy old coyote killers. [Wink]
Rich H., I'd sure as hell like to attend one of the campouts. This year is definitly out, but if I understand correctly this is a yearly event so maybe next year I can make some plans to make it.
That's to bad about you fellas not having any horns, tails, pitch forks and fire spewing forth out of your noses. I'd probably fit in alot better [Big Grin] . I had a friend once, I don't know what the hell ever happened to that guy. My best friend now is my wife. Come to think of it I haven't seen her in a couple months either. hmmm. Oh well, she'll be back when she gets hungry or runs outta money.
So I presume that is Vic in the picture? Nice to put a face with a name sometimes. Vic, did ya really teach JH all he knows? Did ya? Did ya? Don't be shy now. If I send the paper and a bic pen to the campout will somebody get Vics autograph for me? [Smile] Just messin with ya Vic.
And Brad, since I now know what a grubworn with the snot slung out of it actually means, I can safely say I have felt like a grubworm with all the snot slung out of him for the past 2 days. Man I fell off a ladder last Sunday while cutting some broken branches out of trees and it really jacked me up. I think I cracked a rib or two. I ain't as agile or fast healing as I once was.
Talk at you fellers later.
dc

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 02:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Vic taught John Henry all he knows, but not all Vic knows. That's Gerald Stewart eating Tim's chilli, behind him....found a smaller picture.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
doggin coyotes
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 03:05 PM      Profile for doggin coyotes           Edit/Delete Post 
I just read through all 5 pages of campout posts. That sounds like a really good time. I really, really want to go now. (I didn't see a lil gremlin with tears or I would of pasted it here). The time of year you guys have this affair is one of my favorite times for calling coyotes too. Just no way I can swing it this year. I'm already planning on it for next year though. (If I'm still welcome by then [Smile] ) How about the cost of an out of state license? Is there like a 5 day license available? Is it all public land or private or what? Just how much land is there for you guys to roam around on for the campout? I'm aleady gettin pumped over this deal.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 04:16 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
dc, 3 day licenses are available for $51.50. About 80% of the state is public land. Coyotes everywhere.
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 05:35 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Just to be clear, I'm 42 years old, live in Oklahoma as well and have never the grubworm analogy either. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 05:59 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
you guys don't have horns or tails, well i'm disappointed

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 06:42 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Don't worry, most of us qualify as horny bastards in search of a piece of tail.

Is that better?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 14 posted August 29, 2006 06:58 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
you hit the nail on the head that time. LOL

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 08:49 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Tom...never heard of the grubworm? We need to get together and do some hunting soon!

Sorry to hear about your fall DC. Hopefully, that had something to do with your first post.

From now on, I'll try to use sayings more nationally known.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters