The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Cal, look at me! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Cal, look at me!
Guess?
PAKMAN
Member # 954

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 12:45 PM      Profile for Guess?   Email Guess?         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, I'm taking trophies too. I call a lot of dogs and it just gets easier all the time. This one ran straight in.

-

Opposite view.

-

Heres two dogs that I found,I mean SHOT, on the road, I mean TRAIL. Those are not tire tracks on them.

-

Prostaff Team Pakman

--------------------
Can't touch this Hammerdog

Posts: 3 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Knows what it's all about
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 12:49 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
HOLY CRAP! that is funny!!!!!
Posts: 167 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 12:53 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice flip flops guess? [Eek!] [Big Grin]

That street looks awful familiar..... [Confused]

JD

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 01:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, Hammerdog. Glad to have you on board.

Say. Is that a Texas farm road; or might it be 59th St. looking "bs"?

Yeah, I also like to wear shower thongs in the desert; much cooler!

Good hunting. LB

edit: what kind of camo is that? Did you use a foxpro, or is this an old picture?

[ September 18, 2006, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
lonelyGGuy15
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 01:13 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, way to go, hammerdog! What is that camo you are wearing, and where can I get it?

Tell us more about the hunt, what weapon did you use and how you got the keys to the gate? (Oops, scratch that)

I want to be just like you. What's it like to be on TV?
Lonely boy

IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 10 posted September 18, 2006 02:20 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO, thats some funny shit right there... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
lobo
PAKMAN
Member # 121

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 02:39 PM      Profile for lobo           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Guess?. You are living the drem. Hey ya, neat camo, where can I get some? LOBO
Posts: 1 | From: Aledo | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
dawgfan
PAKMAN
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 02:48 PM      Profile for dawgfan           Edit/Delete Post 
hamer dem dogs, guess. great cammo, btw. [Cool]
Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 03:48 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
This has gotten more than just sad. Now it's pitiful. Too bad some people can't offer encouragement. Instead they just continue trying to drag other people down.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 04:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't understand, Basil? What do you mean?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CBGC
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 05:00 PM      Profile for CBGC   Author's Homepage   Email CBGC         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats good stuff! I need one of them camo do-rags, my hair is fallN out.

--------------------
Save a Deer Shoot a Road Hunter!
http://www.CritterBuster.com

Posts: 46 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 05:17 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't understand, Basil? What do you mean?

Glenn Guess obviously has ambitions and he has achieved some of his goals. For some reason folks have chosen to single him out to ridicule, criticize, degrade, and in some cases even make up and spread lies about him, not here that I'm aware of (lies), but it has happened elsewhere. He set goals for himself and he's attempting to accomplish those goals. I wasn't too crazy about him when our paths first crossed either. I took the initiative to get to know him and learn what he was about. I got much information from other people at first and didn't take anybodies word as gospel. I kept an open mind. I then took the next step and contacted him myself. If folks want to believe it or not, fact is: he's the real deal. Not only is he a good hunter, he's a good father, husband and citizen. I think if people would take the time to get to know him, they'd have a different point of view. I like to see people excel and offer encouragement when I can. I'm happy to see people be successful in what they do. People say his photos are an attempt at self promotion. How boring would these message boards be if guys didn't share their hunts and photos? It would have sucked if Cal felt he couldn't share his elk hunt for fear of being ridiculed. This all reminds me of growing up in the ghetto. If one guy busted his ass to excel he was labeled an Uncle Tom or a sell-out. It was the majorities way of holding someone down to their level. I'd rather boost a man up and see success be it mine, his or yours. Glenn Guess isn't the only one that I took time to get to know. In most cases the general attitude towards a person was off base. I know that some of you had preconceived notions about guys that you eventually met at the HM Camp-out. You came away with a different attitude, didn't you? All I'm saying is; don't jump on the bashing bandwagon and find out what a guy is really all about. He's on so many companies field/pro staffs for a reason, he produces! He isn't a name dropper so we don't hear about a lot of what goes on in the background and who he's affiliated with. The list is long! Like it or not, he's one of us. Choose to support and encourage him or not, but don't gang up on him.
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 06:16 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I understand enough about him. I understand hes the prick that made the big post on PA about Higgins, Cal and Vic.

If you dont want folks making fun of you on hunting forums, dont do a WWF pose down with your shades and doo rag to start with. And dont make up ridiculous names like Team Hammerdog.

The first part was enough for me to call BS on him. The appearance is just icing on the cake.... Hes hangin right where he belongs.

JMHO

--------------------
Andy

yuccabush
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 06:23 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice hunting there guess? You are a true legend.
Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 06:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Basil. It looks like you think that our friend is innocent and there are a lot of big meanies ganging up on him for no good reason?

The way I see it, there are many people that believe him to be a shameless self-promotor, so I'm afraid that we don't see eye to eye on this issue.

I'm glad (however) that you have come to his defense and I'm glad that Huntmasters can provide the other side of this issue, unlike a few other places.

Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it, very much; and appreciate your candor in expressing it for us.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 06:45 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
and I appreciate the opportunity to express myself here. I never totally close my mind to evidence, but hearsay means nothing to me. If anybody has some interesting evidence, I'd like to see it. If he has fooled me, shame on him. It won't happen twice. Good hunting to you!
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 06:55 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Basil, I read your post thoroughly and I wish that you would post your real name instead of the Basil nom-de-plume, I believe that I would like to get to know you. You sound like a reasonable man of good will and I applaud you for standing up for your friend, especially in the lion's den, so to speak.
I do wish you had come to our defense on PA when
Guess led the verbal attack on the three of us and orchestrated our banishment. Where were you?

Glenn is the originator of the "Pampass knowitalls" jewel that he tossed at Leonard on HuntAmerica. Where were you?
You said:
quote:
. I think if people would take the time to get to know him, they'd have a different point of view.
Before all of this came down, I personally invited Guess to join this board. He declined. It is well. Frauds do not last long here.
I have read enough of the propaganda that he barrages a dozen or more forums on a constant basis to fully understand that he is a hardworking ambitious young man who is aspiring to emulate the same kind success that BS enjoys and he hopes to acheive it in the same manner. I have read enough of his constant propaganda to know with certainty that he is a coyote caller with very limited experience, much like his mentor, BS.
All of that aside he would be simply ignored, to a larger degree, if he did not declare war on this board and on Cal, Vic and me. Read the "Healthy Debate" thread from July that Guess initiated at that time with the sole intent to have us banned and then tell me where you were then.

PS. This thread really is funny.
quote:
Guess is registering on several boards under as many as five aliases and formed his own fan club. Each alias posts about what a great guy and great caller Glenn is.
Not as funny as that, but a close second.
You aren't one of those aliases are you? [Big Grin]

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 07:14 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
is that a 17 HMR and a sceery AP-6? i gotta get both of those. looks like you have the keys to success right therein the palm of your hand. see, that's where i've been going wrong.

P.S. can i get a template of your goatee/ beard? are those Ray- Bans or Oakleys? wait! those are just hot dogs on sticks? that other one looks like it's still alive. i knew those HMR's couldn't put 'em down.

TEAM HAMMERDOG!!!!!!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 07:28 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You aren't one of those aliases are you?
I hadnt thought of that Rich.... That would explain ALOT.

[Smile]

--------------------
Andy

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 07:47 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Guess? your profile is great.

Interests: Promotion

It's golden, Jerry! It's Golden!

Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 07:49 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with what Higgins said about posting names. If I had a problem (or question)for him, Calvin or Vic, at least I know where they live and what their true names are and could locate them pretty easily.

If I wanted to locate some others, I may have to visit several sites and try to use reasonable deduction to even find out what state they are from or what their true names are for that matter. Then, I may only get a direction, e.g. S.W.

That alone explains a lot to me.

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
yuccabush
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 07:52 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Basil:He isn't a name dropper.
Weasel,
Just about every post I have ever read that guess has made is nothing more than an advertisment. He always drops names and product names. Can we learn (read) anything in this great hobby/sport that is not so full of advertisments?

Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 09:25 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I thought everybody knew I'm Weasel. I'm 99% sure that I posted that at one time or another. Anyway, I don't know what you folks are referring to when you say "PA"? Please give me a link. In fact, links to anything pertinent would be appreciated. I'm not necessarily coming to Guess's defense as much as I'm coming to the defense of anybody that wants to accomplish something. Guess is just the target as of late so I picked him. If he suckered me in, I'll jump his ass too! Others here make videos and give us the names of products they use, but they aren't name droppers and they aren't attacked for it. We don't have to keep it a secret as to the gun, ammo or call we use. If a person doesn't post the details, somebody is likely to ask sooner or later anyway. I like knowing all the details myself. As for him not having much experience, he's still a consistent producer. No need for calling hens in the hen house comments, he's consistent and on a variety of game. Heck, I've been calling predators for 40 years as of this year. I still pick up tips from some and certainly inspiration from other folks that weren't even alive when I started. The number of years isn't as important as is the knowledge aquired and retained. I love to see a newbie call and kill his first animal more than I do calling and killing them myself. It's that enthusiasm that young folks have that keeps me inspired. I'm happy as hell that Byron South doesn't have to dig post holes and weld in Texas heat to make a living anymore. I'm glad when some of you more experienced guys share your knowledge with a rank newbie. I like to see them inspired and encouraged, not jumped on for making rookie mistakes. If a guy kills a wet bitch it's better to take the time to explain your point of view instead of jumping them. Some folks have followed Guess to other boards and registered under "funny" names just to attack him. It doesn't make the people that do that look very good and I think it reflects on the more than just the perpetrator when none of the rest of us speak up. As for not coming to the defense of some of the guys here, I can't say one way or the other as I'm a moderator on PM and will never jeopardize the trust that is given me. I can't tell what goes on in the backroom there. I've defended some and attacked some. I think you probably know where you stand with me, but I'll never confirm or deny it. I've just seen a lot of negativity lately and I doubt it does anything for the sport or to encourage new folks to join in. I know for a fact that a number of new guys quit PM because they felt they were attacked instead of educated. I know many folks are afraid to come over here to the "Lion's Den" because they feel they won't be welcomed or aren't good enough. There is plenty of knowledge on all of these forums, but unless it's shared in a constructive manner, it won't do any good for the less experienced.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 09:54 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Perspective. Again.
Newbies are welcome on this board as are experienced callers. We have some of each.

I have never seen anyone run off this board. I have seen several run away after a member called BS om them and they were unable to defend what ever nonsense they had been posting. As I stated before frauds don't last, sincere and honest people do. We have some good debates occassionally and someone may take some heat. If they have the courage of their convictions they will remain. Jack Roberts took some heat not long ago. He said his piece and let it go. He still posts, he didn't run away. Good on Jack.
Guess has elevated himself to celebrity status. It is an American tradition to lampoon celebrities. Supercilious celebrities make it easy and fun.
I am still confused as to why you Don Quixote to his defense on this board, to save him from some teasing, when you didn't lift a finger to save us from his bitter campaign to ban us from your board.
Someone else will explain the PA thing to you.

yuccabush
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 09:57 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn is probably a good ole boy. This is the kind of stuff that bothers me. It all sets up as an advertisement. It is quite annoying. And realy not needed IMO.
http://www.huntamerica.com/wwwthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=663256&page=0&vc=1

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters