The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » TRUE GRIT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TRUE GRIT
REM223PA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2006 09:50 PM      Profile for REM223PA   Email REM223PA         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a hunter book a bow hunt last year with me here in PA and just some weeks ago this young 24 year old kid got diagnose with cancer.
( in his chest) well the time for the hunt is here and the phone call was made to see what was up and if Anthony was going to make the hunt.
the boy told me they put a port in his chest 2 weeks ago and he been getting treatments of keamoe or radiation for the last 5 or 6 days.
Every day except tomorrow because we are going hunting is what he told me. So it's 12:45 and i am getting ready to load my truck to pick him up and do just what he said go hunting..

PACOYOTE,
We will be up till sunday if i can find your place will stop bye to say hi.

--------------------
George W Ackley

Posts: 13 | From: PHILADELPHIA PA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2006 10:10 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll say a prayer for this young and brave hunter! I wish you guys a ton of great luck but I'll pray for a mongo sized blessing!!! [Wink]

Please give us a full account of your hunt. Whether or not you shoot an animal, I'm sure the hunt will be very successful! Go get 'em guys!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2006 04:40 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck on the hunt. Admirable drive and courage. Make sure he knows we're all pulling for him that you both have a memorable hunt, whether you draw blood or not.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2006 08:27 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this brings up alot of memories. Three years ago my cousin had his last hunt with us, he killed the biggest buck of his life that year. Sadly he died from his cancer before the mount made it back from the taxidermist. His daughter hunted with us the following year but last year her husband was in Iraq so she didn't feel she could make it... this reminds me I need to call her.

I hope your hunter has the hunt of a lifetime, I'll say a prayer for him.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
REM223PA
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2006 06:52 AM      Profile for REM223PA   Email REM223PA         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry it's been so long with the update of the hunt but all didn't go so well first day was rain and second day fond us at the hospital in Wayne county PA nere my camp and then we made the long drive back to Philly to Anthony primary doctor at Foxchase cancer center here in Philadelphia. They admitted him with A staff infection and low platelets he received a transfusion off blood and plate lets and spent the next 5 day there. I check in with his dad every couple days and last i talked with him they were going to try and change is treatment and Anthony was home and resting and getting treatments 4 days a week.

Again I apologize for not getting back to ya sooner but it's been a long couple week.

Please keep this kid in your prayers

Thanks
George

--------------------
George W Ackley

Posts: 13 | From: PHILADELPHIA PA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2006 10:59 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Will do George. Is there anything we can get for him? Hunting videos? Anything. Prayers are a fer sure!!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters