The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » uneducated educated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: uneducated educated
2dogs
Knows what it's all about
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 07:38 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Many moons ago. Someone found a pile of skinned animal carcass's on the edge of town. Animal Rescue league picked them all up.

They summoned their local Vet to identify the two canine carcass's in the pile, rest were[coon & rats]. Vet said, one was, a "Terrier cross". The other a "Golden Retriever cross".

Then an artical was printed in the local newspaper, about a "Cult" Stealing & sacrificing people's dogs [Roll Eyes]

I called them. They agreed to let my friend & I have a look see. Right away we told the "head honcho". This is a "Red Fox", this is a "Coyote"

I said, your Vet is "clueless". We were then promply told to leave [Big Grin] .

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 08:47 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
The extent of a persons knowledge is severely restricted by the extent of their practical experience. A vet with practical experience limited to domestic cats and dogs will have limited vision beyond those parameters. Your own practical experience was way beyond the realm the vet was accustomed to. The vet wasn't incompetent, he was simply "unqualified" to make judgement due to his lack of experience.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 05:37 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually did find a large dead pile of domestic dogs out in the desert once, many years ago. Me and my buddies figured it was probably some weird cult activity. But then a year or two later, it came to light that for years the sheriff in a nearby town had been snuffing the townsfolks pets and disposing of the evidence. Now we figure that must have been his stash.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 06:04 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
The police cheif of a small town here in our county got in trouble for that a couple years ago. The city council was bitchin about the money they paid the county to do the animal control and vets to put the unwanted down. He had a farm out of town, so he began to take strays out and shoot em and burn the piles on his own farm. Problem solved, til the bunny huggers found out.

I always thought he was pretty common sense for doing that. That is until he got arrested by the drug task force for posession of marijuna with intent to distribute a couple months back....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Freddie
Member # 952

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 07:17 AM      Profile for Freddie           Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, That's a very insightful explanation. Thanks for the post. Freddie
Posts: 29 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters