The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I've got tears in my eyes, guys! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I've got tears in my eyes, guys!
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2006 08:51 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you here that enjoy a good football game, if you didn't watch K-State play number 4, Texas, tonight on ABC, you missed one of the finest battles I've ever seen in college football.

My alma mater - good ol' KSU  - - ranked in the pre-season to BE the cellar in the Big 12 because we have a new football coach with his first head coach job, third youngest head coach in the NCAA, all new coaching staff, lost three of our five QB's before the season started and lost to Baylor just beat the defending national champions, 45-42.

What a game! The commentators said that the crowd actually grew after halftime when the gates opened and people that had been watching it at home showed up just to be there for the finish.

Any given Saturday, boys. Any given Saturday.

Krusty! You'll kill a coyote this weekend because hell just froze over!

[ November 11, 2006, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2006 09:49 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I did indeed see the game & it makes me ill to think that Josh Freeman WAS planning on coming to NE. but opted for KSU. He`s a hell of a QB even as a freshman, I have a feeling he`s gonna be a hero at KSU in the next few years. Best damn game I`ve seen in a long time, Texas got their asses handed to them that`s for sure.

Good for you guys Lance, I was rooting for ya the whole game.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2006 11:26 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the win KSU! maybe that win over the Longhorns will put Michigan atop the polls. i bet all those Suckeye fans from ohio had a little wet fart when they saw that score. see you saturday Suckeyes!
BTW, good for you and KSU Lance. i love a good David and Goliath once in a while.

IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 06:37 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. Hard to sleep last night.

JD, Congrats back at you on taking the Big XII North. Feels good to see us handing some of those south teams their asses again, doesn't it. And the flap over Josh will only make the series funner and more exciting over the next three years.

Did you guys read this?

http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000842

Maybe I had it wrong. Instead of K-State's win over UT knocking the earth's axis off kilter and setting Krusty up for a coyote, it apparently happened the other way! Thanks, K!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 08:13 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a beer.

Congrats Lance. Good game.

You ain't the only one with tears in your eyes.

[ November 12, 2006, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 08:20 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
And congrats to Krusty!

K-rusty, K-State... anybody else thinking what I'm thinking?

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 08:34 AM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a great game almost makes me wish I would have stayed and went to the game instead of coming home this weekend to do some hunting. My friends said it was one wild night in Aggie Ville last night.
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
DJ in AZ
Member # 276

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 09:09 AM      Profile for DJ in AZ   Email DJ in AZ         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wait till Ohio State sends meechigian back home with their tails between their legs !! [Razz] [Razz] Just wondering who the get to beat for the championship here in Glendale in Jan. !! [Big Grin]
Posts: 42 | From: Glendale AZ | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 10:49 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
DJ in AZ, would you believe USC or Notre Dame vs Ohio State. [Wink] [Big Grin] Cdog119, that was one hell of a game buddy, I'm really happy for you K-State fans.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 12:13 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
that was one heck of a game... congratulations to all the players and staff at K-state.

Now for Ohio State or Michigan... even if they are ranked #1; it won't matter... the big x folds like melted cheese when it comes to the big playoff games.... will be an interesting finish to the year...

To bad Rutgers and WV don't get more attention that the big name schools....

Krusty, how is that trapping season going?

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 12:16 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Not too many 'Cat fans on here, but anyone who once to see how a game is supposed to end, here's the last 6:18 of last night's game on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hv6uBRQbpEs

Gave me chills to watch it all over. Even had that feeling at first that I didn't know if they could pull it off twice. [Smile]

-

Also, KSU QB Josh Freeman (a true freshman) was just named the National Offensive Player of the Week. Remember that name because this kid is going to play big on Sundays.

[ November 12, 2006, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 03:50 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lance,

Shouldn't you be out calling coyotes, fixing fence, lathing blanks or something?

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

The Bandit
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 04:08 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

It was a bad day in Texas that's for sure.

"GO HUSKERS"

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 05:28 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp,

Nope. I'm good. Thanks anyway.

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 06:44 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Just checking.

A man's gotta look after his friends.

[ November 12, 2006, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 07:32 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
DJ in AZ, you worded your question wrong. it should have read, "I wonder who the Suckeyes will steal a championship from this year in Glendale." or, "I sure hope the refs hand the Suckeyes another championship this year in Glendale!"

they certainly may steal or be handed one but they will never WIN one. maybe, just maybe, if half your players get paroled or bonded out by game time they may beat, Meechigin, as you put it. But i wouldn't wage your hovel on it.

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 08:29 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
this kid is going to play big on Sundays.

Lance, you aint just whistlin` dixie, he`s an incredible QB & I have a suspicion that KSU might pick up some good recruits because of him, the next few years will prove interesting that`s for sure.

Tripp, sorry buddy, I`m sure that game was painful for you to watch. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2006 07:51 AM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp Buddy,

I really hated hearing about that loss! I definitely had difficulty sleeping because of it.

Now, if A&M can knock you guys off and we can win out, we'll have to represent the South in the Big 12 championship game. That's alot of pressure on anybody.

My condolences.

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2006 08:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Of some concern is that Pete Carrol is no more "Mister Nice Guy". He, who usually sends in the second string in the second half, leading by ten points? He's hungry and wants another scalp on his lodgepole. Look out, all you wannabes. [Smile]

Good hu8nting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31608 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2006 05:20 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you say...."Suckorines" Smithers [Big Grin]

Still #1.....

Good game though, you can't bitch about the Referee's neither. [Wink]

JD

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2006 06:08 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah good game canine, thanks, have a good day.
in reality it was one of the best games i've seen in a long time. you do have a winner and all the best to you in the bowl game. JK! i hope you lose and i can't wait to see it! i hate the Browneyes with all the passion of....... arrrrgh! you sums- a- bitches celebrating with that asshead of a mascot, i hate you guys. you ruined Christmas!

canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2006 06:19 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, Dude, glad your takin it so well...

Your right..That was the best colledge football game I've ever seen. Both teams played great. The tempo of the game changed so quickly and often it was unreal.

I never did catch what Hart was,,Senior , freshman?? That boy can makes some moves.

Merry Christmas... [Razz]

I hope your takin this in fun man, I'm just messin wit ya..

Got a joke for ya my wife just told me: Here goes.

How do you make wolverine cookies???

Put them in a bowl and beat em for 3 hours [Eek!]
Edited for joke...
JD

[ November 18, 2006, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: canine ]

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2006 11:17 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
of course it's all in fun. i'm not one of those die- hards that are going to be calling for Carr's head over this.
OSU has owned U of M for the last 4 years and i didn't expect anything less this year. OSU is the best in the nation and will more than likely kick the snot out of whoever they play for the title. U of M allowed too many long plays and they didn't capitalize on OSU's mistakes. you have to make the best team in the nation pay for their mistakes and keep yours to a minimum and they didn't. there's always next year.

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2006 09:35 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for all your condolences. You helped me get through a difficult week. I cried openly the whole week... except when sleeping of course.

P.S. Anybody know what a Jayhawk is?

[Smile]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2006 01:08 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp, If I'm not mistaken, (possible) a Jayhawk is a proto-bird in the order archaeopteryx. They taste just like chicken.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7663 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters