The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Guns in the living room (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Guns in the living room
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 10:33 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sitting here watching bowl games today and I had to laugh. Leaning against one wall are four rifles, two more are leaning against the couch, camo coveralls are draped over the easy chair and my tackle box is on the kitchen table.

I'm pulling sodas out of an ice chest sitting next to me (leftovers from last hunt) and eating stew out of the pot I cooked it in.

The joys of being single.

Happy New Year everyone!

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 10:47 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any guns in the living room, but I can see my Great Grandfathers shotgun from where I sit, hanging on the dining room wall.

The living room has furs that I caught, and a canoe my Dad built, but just no guns.

I'm trying to motivate myself to get busy. My Parents are coming over for beer steamed Saurkraut and Bratworst for lunch.

I've been on vacation for the last 3 weeks, this is my last day off and I'm not going to get into a hurry and spoil it!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 11:55 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got to hear more details about the canoe in the living room.

Fire away.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 11:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm sitting here watching bowl games today and I had to laugh. Leaning against one wall are four rifles, two more are leaning against the couch, camo coveralls are draped over the easy chair and my tackle box is on the kitchen table.

I'm pulling sodas out of an ice chest sitting next to me (leftovers from last hunt) and eating stew out of the pot I cooked it in.

(before I got to the last line, I said to myself; "this guy is obviously not married")

The joys of being single.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 02:12 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Dad built a canoe as a woodworking project several years ago.

He can't swim very well, so he had me test it for him.

-

It hung in his basement for years, until he packed it into our moving van, the night before we left to move to Arizona.

Not too many places to float a boat here, and being out in the sun would be hard on the wood. So I stored it on a shelf in the living room.

-

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 02:49 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I like that Tim B. looks good...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
BigO
Member # 1062

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 03:27 PM      Profile for BigO   Email BigO         Edit/Delete Post 
It must be nice to watch a Bowl Game and have guns and camos sitting around the living room. My living room has potpourri burners and candles... Tell ya more later, the Mrs. is coming!!!!
Posts: 64 | From: reno co. ks. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 03:53 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim B Thear is always the San Padro river If you catch it right you can canoe from near your place to Benson
I have done it a few times and had a ball.
Thear are a few haserds between Mex and benson to be aware of but always a good trip.
Inertubs are also fun but hard to carry anything but BEER in a cooler tied to another tube.
Sand rails in June are still the best.
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dsmith7136
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 03:03 PM      Profile for Dsmith7136   Email Dsmith7136         Edit/Delete Post 
Duuuude! That's one sweet lookin' rig. And your Dad made it?? Way cool.

Seriously, that's a nice looking canoe. It drips class.

--------------------
Beware the man who shoots just one gun...

Posts: 44 | From: Loveland, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dsmith7136
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 03:29 PM      Profile for Dsmith7136   Email Dsmith7136         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm not single; I've been married 42 years, but - in my little office, four shotguns and five rifles are leaning against a deerskin rug hung over a wooden blanket stand. A pile of fly rods are stacked in the corner nearby, and an old cane rod hangs on the wall above them.

I don't follow football or any of the other sissy sports; I'm a fly fisherman and a coyote hunter.

The down side of all this is that I haven't fired the shottyguns in two years, though I did manage to whack a deer this fall with the old thutty-thutty, kill a few coyotes with the .223 and scare the bejeesus out of a cow elk while bowhunting.

My call bag, camo and cameras are piled in the corner or thrown over a bench. They've got dust on them. It's one thing to have the toys; it's quite another to find time to use them. Being married cuts into that in a big way, but I ain't complainin' - much.

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 04:24 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
I fly fish and coyote hunt and I could go on...

Surely you can do a better job of insulting a large number of this board's members than by insinuating football fans are sissies?

[ January 03, 2007, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Dsmith7136
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 04:30 PM      Profile for Dsmith7136   Email Dsmith7136         Edit/Delete Post 
I know. That was a major faux pas. Sorry.

I like to annoy the Bronco junkies with that one when they get themselves all heated up over a Denver football game. Truth is I can't bring myself to waste an afternoon in front of the tube if there's even the slightest chance I could be out in the high lonely chasing critters.

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 04:33 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Dennis,

Why didn't you just say Denver Broncos in the first place?

That would have explained everything.

Apology accepted. [Smile]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Dsmith7136
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 11:23 PM      Profile for Dsmith7136   Email Dsmith7136         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Tripp - as ambivalent as I am about spectator sports, I didn't even know another Bronco team existed until all this hoopla over the Boise game. I'm serious.

I know it's unfair to paint pro athletes with such a broad brush, but the whole narcissistic, egomaniacal jock mentality of those guys leaves me cold.

I'd rather pass a bucket full of kidney stones than suffer through three hours of watching a bunch of grown men in tight pants hopped up on steroids and testoterone slap each other on the ass, butt heads, high five and boogie down in the end zone every time they execute a play.

And listening to some of them answer questions in a post-game locker room interview with a sports reporter just about puts me over the edge. You have to wonder how they ever made it through grade school, never mind college. Half the time I have no idea what the hell they're saying - or what language they're saying it in.

Give me a rifle, fresh tracking snow and a mountain at sunrise anyday. Barring that, I'll take a good coyote hunting video or a book by Ruark, Capstick or W.D.M. Bell.

I know that puts me at odds with the millions of sports fans in this country but I don't hold it against them (winky-wink), and I hope they don't hold it against me.

The way I see it, some of us were born to be curmudgeons and if that's God's plan for me - as apparently it is - then I owe it to Him to be the best curmudgeon I can be, right? After all, who am I to question His judgement?

Did you whack that skunk yet?

Dennis

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 09:48 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
To each his own. I'll take both. And do.

Simplistic stereotyping beautifully done I might add.

Bastard skunk still out dancing around, Chainlink Hilton reopens tonight. [Smile]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Dsmith7136
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 10:10 AM      Profile for Dsmith7136   Email Dsmith7136         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, of course, that was a bit harsh and a classic case of gutter-grade stereotyping.

And like I said: I don't fault football fans. All my ranting aside, it can be a very exciting game. I once took my son to a playoff game at Mile High Stadium and we had the time of our lives. Denver vs Pittsburg - a real nail biter.

"Chainlink Hilton" - I love it.

I'm setting a cage trap tonight too. I've got tracks in the back yard every night coming up to the bird feeders but with the snow as deep as it is (damn near 3 feet) I can't tell if a red fox or a big feral cat is making them. Either way, I'm looking forward to some Chainlink Hilton action myself. Sure hope it ain't no polecat.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 11:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can understand, (somewhat) Dsmith's feelings.

For me, it all started when Georgia and her current husband took my team and moved to Anaheim. For money. And, I'm suppsed to care what the Rams do, when it is obvious that they don't give a shit about fans? Then they move to (I guess?) St Louis.

Oakland. Moves to L.A. For money. Then they move back because Al doesn't have enough money.

Baltimore....you get the picture?

So, my interest has changed to casually watching the Superbowl, if I'm not hunting. and college football; although it is quickly approaching professional sports status. Thankfully, high school football still contains some elements I can relate to.

I will spare you nice folks my views on Professional (dick as many white girls as you can)Basketball and Mr Personality, Barry Bonds.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 12:06 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
My living room has......
13 e-callers, about 120 or 30 hand calls and howlers, 3 camo jackets, a bunch of predator hunting trophies and plaques, 5 different predator hunting tee shirts an old club jacket, 14 different predator hunting club hats, Gerry Blairs books, tee shirt and hat, 2 shooting sticks, 3 belt buckles, predator hunting related books, DVDs and videos, lots of predator hunting pictures, old club patches, a hard gun case with a rifle and shotgun in it, bobcat, coyote and mt lion skulls, elk, deer and antelope horns, along with a bunch of other predator calling goodies.

I've probably had a few hundred people come over just to see my living room. [Wink] [Smile]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 01:26 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but how many of you guys are allowed to pee in the kitchen sink?

Thought so. [Smile]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Dsmith7136
Member # 732

Icon 12 posted January 04, 2007 01:35 PM      Profile for Dsmith7136   Email Dsmith7136         Edit/Delete Post 
Well there's no question you win that pissing contest hands down, Tripp. My hat's off to you. [Big Grin]

Sounds like Onecoyote, on the other hand, has more predator hunting paraphernalia on his south wall than most of us have in our trucks, sheds, barns and closets combined.

--------------------

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 01:41 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
South wall? NO, that's the on I pee on.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 01:44 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

How much for the canoe?

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Buffalobob
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 03:43 PM      Profile for Buffalobob   Email Buffalobob         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice wood stripper Tim.

Down below is the one I built 20 years ago with my 19.5 year old daughter in it. I guess I didn't spend all of my time building the conoe and I guess I wasn't single.

Dsmith, you would have been better off telling them you were a liberal and voted for Kerry

Well, I don't sit in the living room, instead I have my wireliess laptop, TV and guns in the basement. I am allowed to come upstairs to cook for the family but mostly I hole up in my lazyboy with my lap-top and the TV remote. Right now I have my goose gun behind me, my Ruger #1 that is going next week to be rebarreled is in fornt of me and the 17 Rem is laying on the floor smelling of liquid wrench. Seems I got a cartridge stuck in the chamber and the extractor would not pull it out so I poured the barrel full of liquid wrench, ran a cleaning rod down the barrel with a female end to catch the bullet and took a hatchet with a hammer end and pounded the living shit out of it until it coughed out the cartridge.

-

Posts: 90 | From: Potomac River | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 03:46 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,

How much for the girl?

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 04:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
BB, nice try. Dissing pro footbal is not even in the same league as actually voting for John Kerry. And, I'm reasonably sure that you are (statistically) the only card carrying liberal member of Huntmasters. As is your right, of course. Total mystery for the rest of us, but you do have the right.

Good hunting. LB

edit:
quote:
Dsmith, you would have been better off telling them you were a liberal and voted for Kerry/Buffalobob

[ January 04, 2007, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters