The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Here's to stubbornness (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Here's to stubbornness
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 06:47 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Got lucky again this year at the Western Nebraska Coyote Classic. I entered it with out a partner again so it was just me and the field judge on the stands. It is a very long and wild story but do to getting stuck 3 miles from a hi-way and getting a flat tire on the 4-Weeler I was done hunting by 9:30 on day one of the hunt and ended up with 4 coyotes. Day two started off like shit with a miss right off the bat but I ran the board the rest of the day and shot my 6th coyote at 10:20 and then headed for check in. I was 75 miles from check in and had to be there between noon and one. I quit a little early but with my luck I didn’t want to take any chances. LOL

Especially after loosing my keys for about 20 minutes that morning!! [Mad]

I won the day money on both Saturday and Sunday as well as the overall money and calcutta. I also won the little dog contest but just missed the Big Dog by a few ounces. That was too bad because Big Dog won a matching set of .17 HMRs. For first place I also received two trophies and two embroidered jackets.

Stubbornness won me that hunt for sure.

-

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 06:50 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Q.
I admire stubbornness.

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 06:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, Quinton!

Keep it up and one day, you will be as good as Byron.

*Lord, that ain't right and remember those pigmys in Africa.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 08:05 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
congrat's thanks for the post...
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 08:49 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Man I can relate to the loosing the keys thing, and its always when I'm on a schedule and running behind. Congrats on the win. Maintain Geordie

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 6 posted January 09, 2007 09:47 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Q. Thats something to be proud of for sure.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 04:18 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, Quinton. So, how many matching sets of HMR's does one guy need? They're gonna get tired of you next year. [Smile]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pilgrim on Earth
Knows what it's all about
Member # 314

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 04:55 AM      Profile for Pilgrim on Earth   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Quinton! Nice job indeed.
Posts: 54 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 07:03 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
way to go Q, never give up even if it sounds like a good idea..congrats on the win!
Paul

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 07:06 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Q!

With your good luck within hard luck situations, St. Francis should have been right up your alley.

~SH~

[ January 10, 2007, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
GCrock
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 07:28 AM      Profile for GCrock   Email GCrock         Edit/Delete Post 
Q
If you win a contest 2 years in a row, you and your partner have to split up. I think in your case, you have to take a partner next year. I'll volunteer to bring you down a few places--and I already have a 17 hmr! Your numbers might of been staggering without getting stuck the first day. Way to go, this contest hunting sure beats the regular job, right?
Greg C.

Posts: 17 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 11:20 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Q
If you win a contest 2 years in a row, you and your partner have to split up. I think in your case, you have to take a partner next year

The rules should be enforced!
[Smile] Quinton should be split up.

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 12:08 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The rules should be enforced!
Quinton should be split up.

Ouch thats gotta hurt! [Eek!]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 05:46 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Q. I don't see it as being stubborn. It's more like no guts, no glory.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 05:46 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds more like dedicated to me!

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 07:40 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Stubborness, alone, is worthless... I got a bunch of stubborness.

Congrats Q. [Smile]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TREE MY DOG
PAKMAN
Member # 731

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 06:21 PM      Profile for TREE MY DOG   Email TREE MY DOG         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Q how many matched set's of 17s does one guy need? If you keep this up next year they might only let you use a scatter gun!

congrats and good hunting!!!

--------------------
matt

Posts: 7 | From: kansas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2007 10:08 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Q, great job.

Looks like you will be adding new equipment to everything... spare keys, fix a flat, winch, etc [Smile]

Congratulations on a job well done...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2007 03:36 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Since they can't split Q in half, they should make him take me next year. [Smile]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2007 03:58 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
There's a team for you.
If Q agrees I will start a fundraiser to cover travel expenses for Krusty. [Smile] [Smile]

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2007 05:47 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Where do we send our donations? They'd make a hell of a team!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2007 06:20 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Well Scott, luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Being bull headed doesn’t hurt either. LOL

Greg I am pretty sure I could have picked up at least one or two more coyotes on Saturday or at least had an opportunity at a couple more. I was just starting to “get into them” when things went to hell.

Sorry for the late responses guys. Just got back from the Dallas Safari Club convention. I need to stay away from those kinds of places! Luckily I was able to escape only with a couple of books. My buddy didn’t fair so well though. He booked a hunt in Mozambique for Crocodile, buffalo, Leopard, Sable and a few species of plains game he hasn’t collected yet.

The down side is that he informed me that I was going with him!! Good thing it is a year and a half off. LOL I got a weeeeee bit of saving to do.

Anyway thank you all for the “congrats,” If I have time I need to write up a story about it before all the details fade. It was a three-ring circus for a while. LOL Nothing was going right.

Good hunting.

Q,

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted January 14, 2007 09:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, let's make it a threesome, Q. I want to go back.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 10:11 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
If you are serious about it Leonard I can e-mail you some details about the hunt.

Good hunting.

Q,

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 11:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm willing to talk about it!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters