The New Huntmastersbbs!
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Comments due for Wolf delisting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Comments due for Wolf delisting
Buffalobob
Knows what it's all about
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2007 06:20 PM      Profile for Buffalobob   Email Buffalobob         Edit/Delete Post 
The U.S Fish & Wildlife Service is asking for comments on delisting wolves in Idaho and Montana and allowing hunting. They are taking comments electronically so you can send them by email. It is an opportunity to speak up in favor of hunting a species that we have not been able to hunt in the lower 48 states for a long time.

I spent 30 plus years of my life enforcing and promulgating regulations concerning rivers and fish. I would offer these thoughts.
I suspect that the delisting will be appealed by Defenders of Wildlife (or others) on the basis that the State and the hunters cannot be trusted to be “responsible managers”. If you decide to comment on the proposal I would suggest that you put your best foot forward as a hunter and as a conservationist. Wyoming continues to take a non-conservation approach and will not be allowed to manage wolves.

A simple statement such as “ I support delisting wolves and using hunting as a management tool.” will be satisfactory.

They are also going to hold public meetings so you can go and say something. If you have never done any public speaking then just write a couple of sentences on a piece of paper and get up and read it and then sit down. You do not need to be a PhD biologist to exercise the right to speak your opinion.

If there is enough hunter support it will go forward. It does not matter where you live if you comment by email.

Here is a link to the Idaho news release

Idaho News Release

The Federal Register Notice can be found here. I know it is boring to read but try to read before going to speak.

Delisting Proposal

You can send your email comments to this address

NRMGraywolf@fws.gov

Remember to include ‘‘RIN number 1018–AU53’’ in
the subject line of the message.

This is an opportunity to be a part of a solution. It is kind of like voting. No matter who wins you still won't get what you want.

Good Luck

[ February 16, 2007, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Buffalobob ]

Posts: 90 | From: Potomac River | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2007 07:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Defenders of Wildlife: the State and the hunters cannot be trusted to be “responsible managers”.
That's a joke right there. The problem is that those people think they are smarter than everybody else, and have absolutely no expertise. I bet they are not asked to substantiate their claims. They never are. Show their credentials, etc.

Is Defenders of Wildlife a legitimate Organization with facts, to be taken seriously, or just "concerns" based on emotion?

Remember, the bunny huggers never give up anything when they negotiate. Liberals are very intent on questioning the war in Iraq, blathering about the "mistakes" that were made.

With that in mind. I'd like to reopen the question of the reintroduction of wolves into the lower 48. Were mistakes made?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31491 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2007 07:16 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see the wolves delisted and a season put on them where any one would have the chance to hunt them. But i don't see that happening in the future. They will most likely be given big game status and have a high price tag to go along with it..
On another note we have had wolves here in Mn. for a long time and we also have more wolves here than the western states i don't see what the problem is. The wolves here kill a cow the farmer is re-emburst for the loss..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5084 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Buffalobob
Knows what it's all about
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2007 07:47 PM      Profile for Buffalobob   Email Buffalobob         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17Rem

Wolves in Minnesota were delisted last week.

Minnesota .

Effective date is March 12, 2007

[ February 16, 2007, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

Posts: 90 | From: Potomac River | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters