The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » It finally melted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It finally melted
JeremyKS
Knows what it's all about
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2007 03:42 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to share some pictures of recent flooding we have had due to the snow melting. I have not seen this much water in my lifetime and the creek that has the water in it has not seen water since the late 60s.

-
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2007 04:34 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
What amount of snowfall did you get over there? That's pretty amazing. It'll all be gone in 3 wks or less.
IP: Logged
JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2007 04:50 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
It all started right before the first of the year with a major ice storm that dumped about 4 inches of rain and then with snow fall off and on till about 2 weeks ago. I would have to guess we had about 15-18 inches of snow with small amounts melting in between storms. The creek sheds a lot of county and originates in Colorado where they had about 3 times the snow we have had. Hopefully it grows lots of grass.
Buffalobob
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2007 04:52 PM      Profile for Buffalobob   Email Buffalobob         Edit/Delete Post 
Floods have their place in the scheme of things. Unfortunately, oftentimes the land has not been taken care of and there is not much ground cover to hold the soil and things erode too much.

I always enjoy walking along a river or stream after a major storm and marveling at the force of the water and the changes it makes. It is interesting to look at the debris and speculate where it came from and how it came to be in the flood's path. Of course I have a fondness for rivers

Posts: 90 | From: Potomac River | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2007 05:34 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Well this is a whole new deal for me haha. It is a pretty much a desert here we average about 15 inches of rainfall.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters