The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Widespread blizzard

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Widespread blizzard
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 09:20 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Must be all over, judging by everyone thats on the board this morning!

We have intermittent power. About a foot of snow and 40 mph winds. More snow falling, they are saying 18 plus inches by tommorrow. Town is pretty well closed down. All roads into and out of Gillette closed. Schools closed etc. I am suffering cabin fever pretty bad already. 2nd day of this. I need to be working on my taxes and writing another article for PX, but can't seem to get in the mood. We needed the moisture for sure, but maybe not all at once.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 29, 2007 09:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You would never know it in Phoenix? A little windy, but balmy "chamber of commerce" weather. I need to get home, if not tonight, tomorrow?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 09:32 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Call. I know you don't wont to hear this, 80 degrees here with 90% humidity. I would trade you in a minute. Taking this chemo I have to hibernate in the summer. I hate it.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Buffalobob
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 11:09 AM      Profile for Buffalobob   Email Buffalobob         Edit/Delete Post 
Spring is finally here. The fish are starting to run upriver. I went and bought my fishing license and then went down to the river and dipped some herring. Perhaps tomorrow I will go and catch some Hickory Shad.
Posts: 90 | From: Potomac River | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 02:25 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Spring is here & the air is filled with the sound of tornadoes ripping through the countryside. [Frown]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 02:48 PM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's a blessing in disquise Cal that area needed the moisture SO bad but ya it kind of sucks to get it in that fashion. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 06:27 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Still coming down hard. I went out to feed my dogs and their pens are drifted about half full (6 foot pens) and no dogs or houses in sight, just a little air hole above where each house is. I dug them out some so they could get out and around a little. Hopefully it will break tommorrow and I can get some pictures. Hard to tell what the actual amount is because it has drifted around so much, but the drifts are impressive. Going to be a lot of digging out in the next few days, but I have a 4 wheel drive backhoe so I'm in good shape.

--------------------

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 07:09 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the coyote?
IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 08:19 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
It keeps saying we're supposed to get snow, but so far every bit of it has gone below us.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2007 05:07 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
The news said somewhere up around you, Cal, got 58" or some insane amount like that?

You think you got that much?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2007 09:28 AM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, damnit, I spoke too soon.

Glad I left the blade on my quad.

Brad

[ March 30, 2007, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: brad h ]

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2007 11:21 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Spring is here & the air is filled with the sound of tornadoes ripping through the countryside.

JD, I know the feeling. Gets a little unnerving here this time of year. Maintain, Geordie

edit for spelling

[ March 30, 2007, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: CrossJ ]

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2007 04:01 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Been digging out all day. Nice day today finally. My pride and joy dogs, and leave it to Higgins to be worried about the damn coyote. The coyote is fine Higgins, it's a coyote.
We ended up with maybe 18 to 24 inches depending on who you ask, but most of it is in drifts. Got the roads plowed out to the highway. The highway opened at noon or so. Don't believe that crap about the US Postal service. We haven't had mail since Monday. And they stayed closed again today. Schools were closed also. It is sure going to help this country up here overall. We needed every drop of moisture.

--------------------

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2007 04:27 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like snows here, Cal. Cant tell sometimes if we got 2" or 4' for all the drifting.

Im sorry to say, Im glad its up there and not down here. We had our share this year and now it rains every damned day. We were dry last year, now you cant go anywhere without sinkin to your ankles. That snow was good though I guess. It got the water tables up and put some nitrogen in the ground. Its as green as Ive seen in a long time.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
claimbuster
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2007 09:07 PM      Profile for claimbuster   Email claimbuster         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should pass a resolution that members from AZ cannot comment on weather during the winter months. Their comments are argumentative and frequently less than sympathetic.

Cal, we did not get that snowfall here but I had 6-8" around the house.

BTW, its your own fault on the interest in the pup. You made her a celebrity, you know on Sherry's website and all.

[ April 01, 2007, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: claimbuster ]

--------------------
"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."

Posts: 70 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 05:14 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
claimbuster,

The weather here is monotonous to say the least. Everyday it's the same old thing, 75* and sunny.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 09:37 AM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, Up here in the northern part of heaven, it's 65 at 9:30 a.m. Blue skies here but I do see a few clouds over Flagstaff - or else I need to clean my sunglasses!?! [Big Grin]
Posts: 346 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Buffalobob
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 10:13 AM      Profile for Buffalobob   Email Buffalobob         Edit/Delete Post 
Went fishing Friday morning and got this hickory shad.
Then Saturday morning went out treehugging and cleaned up trash on a stream. Anybody need a good sink or some headlight covers for a Delta 88?
 -

-

Posts: 90 | From: Potomac River | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 10:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Very commendable, Bob. That shad looks like it is swimming in sewage. One thing you notice about western streams and rivers; they are crystal clear, no sinks.

Good hunting. LB [Smile]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
claimbuster
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2007 06:30 PM      Profile for claimbuster   Email claimbuster         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim Behle--Along about January and February, a little "boring" at 70 degrees would be welcome. From now on to November though, I am quite happy right where I'm at.

--------------------
"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."

Posts: 70 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters