The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » OPINION POLL ON GLOBAL WARMING (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: OPINION POLL ON GLOBAL WARMING
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 10:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We've heard all the dire predictions for years. Chicken Little (Al Gore) and his band of merrymen "scientists" breathlessly informing us and ordering us to do something, even if it's wrong....but wait; thirty years ago, those usual suspects were predicting a coming ICE AGE?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 46 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31671 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barndog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 12:20 PM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
The earth is getting warmer. Al Gore's data is correct in what he presents in his mockumentry. However just like a politician he has it backwards. The Earth warms and then the CO2 level rises. Not the way Gore presents it. Gore says CO2 rises then the temerature rises.
This is what really happens.
The Earths warming is directly related to sun spots. So to keep it simple for those of you who are not scientific minded. Sun gets hotter than normal, earth gets hotter than normal, CO2 level rises. Can we do something about it.
Sure PRAY and ask God to turn the heat down.

Posts: 185 | From: Idaho | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 12:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What about if we stop using hair spray?

BTW, this poll, approved by Brad Norman, is Fair and Ballanced!

[ April 06, 2007, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 12:42 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I would say, just from what I see, the earth must be warming some. Save this winter, we have been warmer, for the most part. (Although its hard to say this today, April and 20 degrees out.) Some global warming is welcome, as far as Im concerned. If we could have some global humidity drop to go with it, I wouldnt be wanting to move to AZ so bad.

I think man has very little, if any, impact on the change. I think its a cycle and I doubt there is a damned thing we can do about it. I wont worry myself too much about it. I do however, worry about dickheads like Gore spouting his BS and worry that he may be in a position of power and cost a bunch of undue cash to all of us. One volcano blows up releases more CO2 than all of us put together in a lifetime. The earth plates are shifting alot, hence alot of earthquakes and volcanos, most under the ocean. This is going to cause the water to warm and affect weather a great deal.

I could go on and on. Im actually sick of this BS. I guess maybe Im the ignorant one, thats always a chance, but from all I can see, its going to take a lot to convince me this is anything more than a earth cycle.

Sunspots. I hadnt heard or thought about that. That could very well be.

As for the poll, LB, I voted the way I did because there wasnt an option for what I just said, or at least I didnt interpret it that way making it a trick pop quiz. [Wink]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 12:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Updated:2007-04-06 14:15:11
Scientists Issue Grim Global Warming Report
Climate Change Raises Risk of Species Extinction
By ARTHUR MAX
AP
BRUSSELS, Belgium (April 6) -- The world faces increased hunger and water shortages in the poorest countries, massive floods and avalanches in Asia, and species extinction unless nations adapt to climate change and halt its progress, according to a report approved Friday by an international conference on global warming .

Hey Andy, while you and I have a few doubts, our Plucky Scientists are positive. Surprisingly, they also (for the first time) claim that NO additional studies are needed? Nobody saw that coming!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 01:09 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I like the term "fair and balanced" better.
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 01:35 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going with the inventer of the internet on this one. He and I discussed it, back when we were inventing the internet, and I promised I would swear to it when he said it. How about that.
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted April 06, 2007 02:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, I'll add it right now. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 02:46 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I like warm globes.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 03:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As does every red blooded American! Will they float, will they float!

Good hunting. LB

(we are probably the only two that get it)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 04:12 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I went to a seminar on astronomy where the speaker who has worked over his entire 30 year career on temperature changes on earth from centuries ago until now said there did not appear to be a big fluctuation, as is now being touted. He also said that the Clean Air Act has actually made a slight increase on the temperature of earth because there are less particles in the air to filter the sunlight. Anyway, I think the Creator intended a little global warming or we would still be in the Ice Age. [Wink]
Posts: 346 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 04:15 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I get it Leonard, and I'm all in favor of warm Globes myself. Although I've never seen anything wrong with cold globes in a tight t-shirt.

But this Global warming is all caused by farting cows.

We need to eat more cows and help to save the world. I vow to do my part, one Prime Rib at a time!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Buffalobob
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 06:11 PM      Profile for Buffalobob   Email Buffalobob         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of things to think about.

1. DDT has been banned for decades. Why do the fish in all of the states in the Mississippi drainage and eastward have high levels of DDT?

2. What causes polar bear mothers to have low birth weight cubs?

3. What happens if you are right about there being no global warming?

4. What happens if you are wrong and it could have been prevented?

Posts: 90 | From: Potomac River | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 06:27 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Buffalogore, what? you don`t like warm globes?

--------------------
Jason

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 06:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, have you heard the facts that because the enviros and their governments browbeat tropical countries to quit using DDT, millions of people have needlessly died from malaria? What a success story that has been. Wow, the birds are responding.

That's what disgusts me about the animal rights wackos, always at the expense of humans, it's always black or white, no middle ground, never negotiate.

We really need to think about exactly what we can do to grind the Industrial Revolution to a halt, and what actual benefit will be derived from living in log cabins and chopping firewood, except the NAZI's will decide that can't be allowed, either. Gotta save the friggin' trees.

Then too, knowledgeable, less hysterical scientific people suggest that if we are on a natural cycle, and a warming trend; that Gore has overstated the projected effects by a factor of a thousand percent, for the next one hundred years.

Polor bears are doing quite nicely, by the way. (look it up) What is supposed to be the implication of "low birthweight"?

I just have to shake my head at the realization that liberals believe mankind can control the global environment.

Good hunting. LB

edit: oops! I might have given away how I voted?

[ April 06, 2007, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 08:08 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
TimB - I'm with you cold and perky.......
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 11:15 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Cold & perky will do also.

Leonard, I agree totally.

Buffalo-AL, where are the facts? not liberal media hysteria, facts. Can you explain why Co2 levels don`t correlate with the warming trends?

Burden of proof will be the death of all you liberals in the end.

--------------------
Jason

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 04:44 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone watch the Inconvenient Truth? I did on HBO out of curiosity. I thought I was gonna cry. NOT!! What a joke.

I get a kick out of Gore and the far left, including Hollywood, telling us what to do. While its fine for them to cruise in private planes, SUV convoys, ect.... Oh, but Gore sold his Zinc mine before making the movie. Made a half a billion off of it and now the CO2 can be blamed on someone else. Aint that kewl.

Oh, and according to Gore, you can use all the carbon fuel you want, as long as you buy carbon credits. What they are, I have no fuckin idea. But you buy them and they offset the bad crap you shoot in the air. And guess who owns the company that $ells the carbon credits? Al Gore. Aint that kewl? He uses private planes, has three big assed houses, big cars and SUVs, makes movies about how we should live like it was the 1800s again and hes justifying it by buying "carbon credits" from himself. What a country!!

Buffalo, I have an inclination to give you a pass on alot of things, despite your fukced views on politics, and thats what this is, politics, due to your military service. My mothers family are long lines of military service and I have always held the highest respect. My grandfather was a true patriot. He caught the last of WWII, all of Korea and two tours in Vietnam. Although your one of the very few true blue ones that turned out so far off on politics. But your way off on this. Its another money scheme and chicken little scheme dreamed up to try and steal the thunder away from the fear of terrorism. The liberals are too weak on defense, pussies actually, so they gotta have their own sky is falling crisis. They dont have a real one.

[ April 07, 2007, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 07:07 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
All through the late 60's and 70's it was:
"we are headed for a global ICE AGE" for crying out loud! Sure didnt see that one happen.

I guess there must be alot of DDT floating down the Potomac too, as it has screwed up alot of peoples brains back there.

You want to worry about something, you better worry about this!

[Dwindling Honeybee Population in US Puzzles Scientists
By David McAlary
Washington
29 March 2007

[image]

Scientists looking into the dramatic decline of the honeybee population in the United States say they are baffled by the developments. But they told the U.S. Congress Thursday the drop is threatening the production of a significant portion of the U.S. food supply that relies on honeybee pollination. VOA's David McAlary reports.

The drop in the U.S. honeybee population began last October. U.S. Agriculture Department official Caird Rexroad says beekeepers across the continent began reporting unexplained losses of 30 to 90 percent of their colonies.

"If you notice when you walk through the clover in the yard barefoot, you'll no longer be stung by a honeybee," he said. "It's very unfortunate."

Getting stung is no pleasure, but to hear Rexroad tell it, it is a far lesser evil than the loss of the honeybees. He told the House of Representatives Agriculture Committee the collapse threatens a $15 billion segment of the U.S. farm economy that relies on pollination. Especially hard hit are growers of almonds and other nuts, berries, fruits, and vegetables.

"These outbreaks of unexplained colony collapse pose a threat to the pollination industry, the production of commercial honey, and the production of at least 30 percent of our nation's crops," he added. "Furthermore, with pests and diseases of bees increasing over the last few decades, we have reached critical point for the bee industries."

Rexroad and other scientists cannot explain the precipitous bee decline. Their main suspect is the verroa mite, a bug that invaded the United States in the 1980s. U.S. Agriculture Department research has found the mites kill bees by feeding on them, transmit viruses, and have become resistant to many insecticides.

But other possibilities include pesticides or other environmental toxins, migratory or hive stress that weakens bees' immune systems, and various viruses and bacteria.

Pennsylvania State University bee expert Diana Cox-Foster is part of a study group uniting several national and state scientists who are analyzing bees, wax, honey and pollen from more than 100 colonies across the country to seek clues to the insects' demise. She says that whatever the cause, the country needs a new breed of honeybees to overcome the present challenges.

"The working group recognizes the importance of trying to breed honeybees that are more resistant to diseases and the impacts of parasites," she said. "Developing new genetic strains of bees may be essential to the future of beekeeping."

The United States is not alone in honeybee loss. Cox-Foster and others told Congress that Canada and parts of Europe are also experiencing unexplained honeybee death, but they do not know if it is part of the same phenomenon.

"I know it is a growing problem," she added. "This is a global issue and being recognized as a problem."

Beekeeper David Ellington from the north central U.S. state of Minnesota says the crisis shows how little is known about honeybee biology and his industry. He complained to the lawmakers that the business gets much less research support from government and academia than regular agriculture, and many of his colleagues are about to give up.

"If there is a glimmer of hope that we could, in some manner, improve the lot of beekeepers, the atmosphere of this industry would be greatly improved and we would see new, younger beekeepers moving in," he said.]

This is going to cause far more long reaching problems for mankind than any so called global warming.
Geez!
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 07:36 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw a list of the top ten "greenhouse gas" producers on the planet. Man, ranked around eighth....right behind inscets in the production of that nasty, global warming gas stuff. The ocean,volcanoes,cattle and termites all ranked way above what man spits into the air.
Posts: 1643 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 08:12 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
So whats all this mean? The Earth is going to turn into a Gaint Fart [Confused]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 08:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What does it all mean? If you think about it for a moment, what it means is that Liberal Democrats are so focused on the blame game that they have no problem with universal and global dishonesty. Anything to advance their political and philosophical agendas. Ethics? What's that? Religion? That's a joke; unless you mean some weird space cadet Scientology Cult? Animal rights reign supreme, but the rights of the unborn are not recognized. Huh?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

blakyote
Member # 1064

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 09:24 AM      Profile for blakyote   Email blakyote         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Perhaps we suspect changes in climate due to greenhouse gases, but mankind is powerless to do anything about it

I think this is it.We don't live long enough to see the earths life cycle,and I believe thats all it is and man won't beable to do a damn thing about it.The Earth or universe doesn't go by policies,or laws,it just goes on doing what it's been doing since the beginning of time.But I guess thats to much of a logical explaination for the Libs. [Mad]

[ April 07, 2007, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: blakyote ]

Posts: 36 | From: N.WI | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 09:49 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
One other thing I get a kick out of on this joke. The impact on weather. One hurricane in our lifetime hits New Orleans. It was a bad one. But be real. These people are living BELOW SEA LEVEL. Have you ever been there? Not only are you below sea level to the south, your below a HUGE lake to the east and the Mississippi to the west. Damn. Thats insane in itself.

Anyhow, the global warming crew got the hurricane forcasters fired up and last year was supposed to see the highest number and the most violent hurricanes in history. With something like 7 hitting the US and 1-2 the gulf coast. They were geared up. I think we had one tropical storm go up the west bank of Florida? Now this year, they are hedging their bet and calling for basically the same as last year. I got news for em, they better hope the damned currents from Africa to Greenland change or they will have egg on their faces again.

I was near Jackson MS 4 days after the hurricane hit New Orleans. That was a sad site. They got hit that far inland, hard. We were after a guy but had hell with no hotels, lines with gas rations, ect... It was a hell of a trip. Then last summer, I had to go to New Orleans 4 times. ( Its been a hotspot for skips to run. Lots of repair jobs paying cash off the grid. ) Its still a shithole down there. What puzzles me is why would anyone want to live below sea level? And if that tragedy happened, why would you go back?

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 10:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can't explain it, Andy, but it has been done before. Venice, has the canals. The Netherlands...hmmm? canals, too? I have been to Amsterdam a couple of times; they flush the sea water out every week and refill the canals.

Now, whether this is all worth the effort, or not? I can't say. The cost to bullet-proof New Orleans is okay with the left and doubtful, on the right.

Good hunting. LB

edit: meanwhile, your tax dollars are being spent to protect the Malibu Beach Colony's Billionaires from rising surf....

[ April 07, 2007, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters