The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Pilgrim on Earth, TA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pilgrim on Earth, TA
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 11:55 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I just thougth I would start a new thread. Pilgrim made a statement on the long range coyote thread about me kickin TA in the head at every opportunity.

I reckon I have, but I really dont have anything against him. He just pissed me off when he first showed up. And he was making some really bold statements before the campout. He probably dont like me, but oh well. TA, my hand is extended for a truce if you want. If not, we can continue to spar. I dont care, its all internet BS anyhow.

Anyhow, Pilgrim, you are correct. Tim does know alot of stuff, Ill give him that. I dont. Im just a recreational caller that really loves coyotes. One of my few passions. I told LB in person recently that I really dont belong here. This is the cream of the crop as far as coyote hunting goes. Im not a call maker, film maker, ADC worker, guide, ect.... Just a regular Joe with a deep respect for coyotes. Due to work and health problems, I havent even hardly hunted in the last couple years, but that does nothing to curb desire. I bet I got as much respect and desire to call coyotes as anyone here. I dont like road hunters or hound wagons (same thing around here practically), but I guess we all need to stick together.

I do go off on tangents sometimes. Most of its tongue in cheek, but not all. Im man enough to admit when Im wrong, which is quite often, but also got the balls to tell you when your wrong, whether you believe it or not.

If that steps on toes, well just tell me. Im a man. But I dont apologize for calling TA or Dan Carey on the carpet. Mainly for the way they came in here and some comments made. Like Dan could have blown his horn but coming in making a big assed statement about being the superhero of the board in all things guns is bullshit. He may be a hell of a guy. Who knows? But the statement sucked. And it even sucks worse that we could have been friends, maybe, if he wasnt so bold.

Anyhow, I hope this clears things up. I dont have a grudge against anyone on here. Anyone that knows or has met me knows that I am pretty easy going and like to have a good time.

As much as I love coyotes and calling them, thats not my entire identity. Some act as if it is all they got. Im a father, husband and business man first. Coyotes are a passion, but also a hobby.

Hope this helps a little.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 01:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it helps, a little. But, as Pilgrim said, all in good fun, so don't get sensitive on us, all of a sudden. TA doesn't?

As far as not fitting in, I disagree. You fit better here than your "home board"... yuk yuk. Just based on your politics, and not knowing a lot about coyotes...yuk yuk.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31476 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 03:17 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Im not sensitive, you know better than that. Just airing some laundry. [Wink]

--------------------
Andy

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 05:08 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
True Andy, maybe you're not perfect like me and everyone else on this board [Big Grin] but you're still one of my favorite people.
IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 06:19 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Quote:Anyhow, I hope this clears things up. I dont have a grudge against anyone on here. Anyone that knows or has met me knows that I am pretty easy going and like to have a good time.
I'll second that....

Andy no problems here, (shake) [Razz] If we both can make it to the next camp-out we can have a beer together.. Take care...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5083 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 06:26 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Like you Andy, I am going to go off on a tangent....
Reading your statement about the boldness of people reminded me of the Dane Cook (comedian for those that don't know)) bit about Super Powers. His choice being the ability to shoot spaghetti out of his finger tips. Covering those he didn't like in a jumble of noodles.

"This guy thinks he's Jesus!? Enjoy your spaghetti, you're very egotistical!"

An internet forum is THE place for egos to shine. It is a place to gather, share information and experiences. Without ego there would be no information passed on. A lot of the info gleaned from reading and or talking with others is great and some is common sense but as long as we keep the conversation going we will all learn from mistakes and successes. There are guys among us that add and subtract pieces of the calling puzzle faster and have more success as a result. There will never be an end to the learning process on any subject because the variables don't follow the rules.

We all know it is nearly impossible to get a good read on a person through an internet forum. A good hand shake and talking one on one is the only real way to get to know what a person is about.

IP: Logged
Pilgrim on Earth
Knows what it's all about
Member # 314

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 06:43 PM      Profile for Pilgrim on Earth   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
All's well that ends well.
Posts: 54 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 06:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
By a show of hands, do we appoint Andy Honorary Mascot and Sargeant-at-Arms? It will look good on his resume. All in favor?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 04:15 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins, thanks, I think your one hell of a guy as well. I got alot of respect for you and wish I had half your coyote knowledge.

TA, Done. [Cool] How about a big pull of a jug of shine at the campout instead of beer? Im not a big beer man.

LB, On the mascot thing. Do I have to wear some kind of funkny suit? That could be a deal breaker. But as seargent at arms, if that means slap the cyber shit out of someone that gets way out of line, that sounds right up my alley. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 06:42 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I would kinda like to see Andy in a big funny mascot suit, what would he be? a coyote.....probably not a good idea....TA would spot him standing in the middle of the road 900 yds away & shoot him.

Sorry Tim, I couldn`t resist. [Smile]

Alright Andy, if you guys are done slobbering on each other, call me today.....the pups are out!!

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 06:51 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know if Ill get to call ya or not today JD. Unless I can figger a way to piss her off real good before noon or a little after, it looks like Im off to my inlaws in Sikeston for the weekend. [Roll Eyes]

And St Louis for more inlaws next weekend. [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]

I may have to pull a Fred Sanford or some shit.

--------------------
Andy

Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 10:21 AM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm posting this hoping I can outrun Andy. Here's the costume I recommend for our mascot.  -

[ May 18, 2007, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Dusty Hunter ]

Posts: 346 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 01:54 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
As long as it aint a black sheep suite. Ive heard stories.... [Eek!]

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 02:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't gimmie that Andy.

You're a farm boy. While you may not be a Texan, you must know a little bit about sheep? [Razz]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 08:20 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 

[ May 19, 2007, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Norm ]

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 10:42 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Where about in St. Louis are you going to be Andy?

Dang Norm, you censored yourself before I got to read it. [Smile]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2007 04:15 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Norm,
I dont know why you censored that, I thought it was funny. [Big Grin] And very true. [Eek!]

Dan,
My youngest boy will be 7 on the 31st. For his birthday, he already got a bike, his other one was trashed. He wants to go to a Cardinal game, Grants Farm and Six Flags. Im thinkin hes not gettin all three, but probably the game and Grants Farm, both have lots of beer. [Big Grin] And, I despise Six Flags.

And, I have more inlaws in Planet Granite. So, Im thinkin a relaxing couple days at the Drury Inn is going to be out. We will be staying with family, Im sure.

Not that I dont want her to see her family, but I like to have a place to escape and rest now and then. [Wink]

--------------------
Andy

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2007 04:28 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
For a 7 year old, I'd reccomend a baseball game and Grants Farm. Grants Farm is about 4 or 5 miles from my house, give me a call and we can tip a few cold ones after work.

BTW,
The St. Louis Zoo is pretty nice and still free, the science center and planetarium is right down the street from the zoo, but a 7 year may not think those places are very cool. [Smile]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters