The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Oklahoma Sooners

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oklahoma Sooners
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 01:01 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
The NCAA broke one off in the Sooners today. They have to forfeit all of their wins from the 2005 season plus a lot of other things.

Leonard - Do you think anything is going to happen to USC and the Reggie Bush matter?

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 11, 2007 01:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
America's Team? These are the good guys! He didn't know he was doing anything wrong. Come on. What I think? TV contracts, etc. sweep it under the rug for the good of NCAA football.

But you guys? Hook 'em. No comparison, an example needs to be made. Maybe prison is indicated, but I don't want to appear prejudicial, it's not for me to say. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 02:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
wait a sec.!

quote:
The penalties stem from a case involving two players, including the Sooners' starting quarterback, who were kicked off the team last August for being paid for work they had not performed at a Norman car dealership.
Is this you? I thought you were a lawyer?

[ July 11, 2007, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 02:25 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Not me. My playing days are long gone. A lawyer? What ever gave you that idea. You wouldn't let a lawyer on this board would you?

Just wait, USC is going to get there's. If nothing happens, the NCAA is going to look like a joke.

I agree with everything you said about the good of college football.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 04:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze, Brad. I probably owe you an apology because I have been telling everybody that you are a lawyer. Nobody needs that sort of abuse if it's not true. Sorry.

But, who else beside you and John Edwards can afford all those guided hunts in Wyoming?

Good hunting. LB

edit: oh, but you don't deny owning the car dealership, right?

[ July 11, 2007, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 05:13 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

That's TOO bad.

-

"No wine tastes so sweet as the failure of a friend." (unknown)

-

Really. Way too bad for Stoops. There's always next year. Still didn't help the 'Cats much though.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 06:44 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
OU, the team America loves to hate!

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble... c'mon everybody join in.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 06:46 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
and Lance, I guess that makes the 2005 season even with your cats. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 12 posted July 11, 2007 07:07 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
That's okay Leonard. You just need to pay closer attention to who you get your information from. [Wink]

No, I don't own the car dealership. Too bad because they make good money.

On the hunts in Wyoming...I have a good friend up there that gives me a discount. It's the only way I can make it up there.

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 07:57 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, we were 5-5 to begin with. The punishment for OU only takes away their wins. No other teams benefit from it. The Big 12 boards are all a-buzz with this. Maybe next season, we'll turn back around and hate Nebraska for a few more years. [Smile]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Bandit
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 08:10 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
we'll turn back around and hate Nebraska for a few more years.
[Big Grin] Go Huskers !

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2007 06:04 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Brad - it seems a mite harsh.
I am ready for fall......Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters