The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Steve Craig Lion Seminar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steve Craig Lion Seminar
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 04:31 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Steve gave a seminar on calling lions last night at the Sept. meeting of the Arizona Predator Callers.
It was much anticipated and for the first time there was standing room only. He literally blew everyone away.
Experienced lion callers as well as novices agreed that this was the best and most interesting seminar in the history of the club.
Absolutely outstanding that Steve gave up all of his secrets.
I've ben getting emails and calls all day expressing appreciation for Steve's seminar.
Steve, from all who attended,
THANK YOU!

IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 04:46 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, Do you know if anyone taped this? If so, would you have their contact info so I could maybe work a deal for a copy?

Thanks, Travis

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 14 posted September 14, 2007 05:01 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
It was without doubt the most information filled seminar I have ever attended. Outstanding job Steve!
Thanks
[Big Grin]
PM

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 12 posted September 14, 2007 06:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WHY WASN'T I TOLD?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31498 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 07:57 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard said."WHY WASN'T I TOLD?"

They were trying to eliminate as many heckelers as possible! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

It was an honor and very humbling that so many turned out for this seminar. Thank you Rich for the invite. It is my sincere hope that some were able to learn something and be able to take what they learned into the field and apply it. This is the hard part.
Thaks to all that attended.
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 08:47 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, it was a real pleasure to attend your seminar on calling the most elusive predator we have in AZ. It was particularly interesting to hear the lion sounds and your choice of calling locations. Thanks.

PS: I think its great that "you like to talk".

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 10:40 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Giving up all his secrets?

How do you keep guys painting so hard while your away?

Seriously, giving up all your secrets??? You are very, VERY generous Steve!!! Very cool of you to give that seminar. [Smile]

I too would be in the market for a pirated version of the seminar.

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 11:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come to the campout, where we will encourage him to do a repeat performance.

Besides, I heard that he is retiring from the game, for various reasons?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31498 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 01:14 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
"How do you keep guys painting so hard while your away?"

It isnt that hard. I have 2 wonderful sons that run the business while i get to play. I treated them to a Bear hunt in Maine last week. We saw 51 bears by 6 people in 5 days. Maine is a fantastic place to hunt bears.

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 04:20 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Your whole life sounds wonderful!!! [Smile]

edit:
P.S. Did Leon' just say your gonna retire???

[ September 15, 2007, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------

Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 07:34 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could have been there. If there is a tape or transcript, let me know also. I'd be glad to pay for a copy. I've never bought any kind of hunting tape except for an ancient Herter's How-to-call-moose in 1976, but I'd pay for even a bit of Steve's info.

[ September 16, 2007, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Okanagan ]

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
rainshadow1
Knows what it's all about
Member # 899

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 08:53 PM      Profile for rainshadow1   Author's Homepage   Email rainshadow1         Edit/Delete Post 
Would have liked to have been to that one. Thanks for the tidbits I've extracted from you in the past, Steve.

I have a friend in APC. Hope to visit sometime.

Lions all over the place this year, I could sure use the tutelage!(Okanagan, have your son give me a call if he wants the latest I have, a week old or more, but at least 4 cats...I just can't get out much... [Frown] )

[ September 16, 2007, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: rainshadow1 ]

--------------------
- - Steve
RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
Cougar E-Sound Library, Hand Calls, & Call-In Story Library.
www.rain-shadow.com

Posts: 152 | From: NW Washington | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 10:06 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry Guys. No one had the presence of mind to tape Steve's seminar.
One of the members had just renewed and paid his annual dues. After the seminar he said he had just got his whole $35 dollars worth. Typical of the comments from the attendees.

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 02:47 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe you "Chig". I know you thought of it atleast 14 times. Why didn't you?!?! [Confused]

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 03:38 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich; Here's a thought. If Steve Craig would be kind enough to repete the seminar at the campout.... film it as a campfire chat / Q & A / bull session. The HuntMaster gang would be "in a hunting video" and it would be a somewhat novel format.

You could even have Leonard and that damn sheep in the background.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7594 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 06:59 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve's talk was my first meeting after joining that club. What a great start! What a fine speaker Steve is. Sure, I'd like to have that on DVD and I think Steve should consider making a DVD and selling it since he is retiring. I'd buy a copy and ask to get it autographed. I sure learned a lot from his talk. I'm also looking forward to next month's speaker. Thanks, Rich Higgins, for booking these quality hunters. Fred
Posts: 346 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 08:29 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli, if you come to the campout perhaps we can gang up on Steve and get him to give the seminar to all of us. I'm willing to bet that we can talk Gary Clevenger into giving his E Caller seminar since he will have his full inventory with him. Gary is going to give the seminar to APC Thursday the 11th and we will drive from the meeting to the campout. He'll be fresh and hot and I'll bet we can get him to do an encore for us.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 08:56 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Dusty, we have a dynamite program for the year. Oct. I've begged Gary Clevenger and Les Johnson to speak.
Nov. we will have a skinning demo and fur prep seminar. The president is going to camo a gun during the meeting.
Dec. The one and only Mark Zepp.
Jan. we will have a Javelina guide and Game and Fish biologist speak on hunting the desert ghosts.
Feb. A bear calling seminar. Rick Peterson, who founded the club in 1967 and is still a member, has called in 62 bears.
March, a cooperative seminar for the novices in the club, heavy on basic techniques to coincide with the novice hunt.
April will be the annual family banquet and awards meeting.

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 10:26 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, I want to make the campout real bad, but at this time it's not looking to good.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7594 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2007 11:21 AM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I would have known Steve. That would have been gas well spent. One of the few events I can honestly say I regret not attending.

Curt

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters