The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Shows a bit of class

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shows a bit of class
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 11:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it would, but this kid doesn't have any, so:

quote:
Cdoggiedog..

When you comin up for some early season coon crumblin' here in NE? This weekend is out... cause the entire state is going to shut down to celebrate the stomping of USC

Todd Borland Minaska Outdoors

I noticed the game didn't turn out the way them corn fed misguided fans expected?

Most of those Nebraska second half points were scored against the third string. Now somebody like Oklahoma would have heaped on the slaughter, but USC has a classy coach. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 12:13 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Did the Trojans cover the spread?
I heard they had a couple pin holes in their game but in the end were filled with glee.
After all this time the Trojan fans still "don't feel anything" when they score.
Good win. If the game had been a bust you Trojan fans would have all been taking the morning after pill. Ok, I'm done. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged
yuccabush
Knows what it's all about
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 12:50 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
That awful side arm delivery is the reason that ASU got rid of Sam Keller. He is supposed to be some kind of savior for NE to funny.
Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 02:40 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Piss off!! All ya`ll!! Bunch of slack jawed couch potato living room QB wannabe`s. Blasphemous inbred oppinionated %%$^R%% **&^%^DCFJ !!!%%%$$#%@!!#%$ *(R&W^$#@!#$@$@#!%$#^#%^QQ??!>>>!*@%$!@ N@!R!@*^R!@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean that in the nicest way, of course.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 04:46 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
JD, all the big named schools have had there ups and downs over the years, Nebraska well have there turn again, it's just USCs turn for now.

Hey, JD, I remember USC getting beat with a third string QB 51-0, worst beating they ever got, but they've almost got even over the years. It all comes out in the wash.

Maybe that's why we all love college football so much....You'll have your turn again. I just hope I live long enough to see my turn [Wink] again.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 04:50 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if you don't come prepared to play all 4 quarters like you mean it then just stay on the porch.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 05:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm? Sorta thought Todd would have something to say; like "guess I was wrong"? He's probably ready to slash his wrists, those corn fed boys take things too seriously. Hey, it's just a game. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

The Bandit
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 05:54 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmmm? Sorta thought Todd would have something to say
I was actually waiting for Steve to post since he was the one that logged in under my name. [Razz]

Oh yea we got our asses handed to us alright. I actually thought they wanted to play ball there for a little bit when we went up 10-7 but that didn't last long.

[ September 16, 2007, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: The Bandit ]

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 06:22 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, yea, yea, "come to play" blah blah blah.

Actually, I doubt that there were very many "realistic" Husker fans that thought we would actually beat one of, if not THE, top team in the nation, I was just hoping it wasn`t going to be such an ugly defeat.

Now then, enough of you bad mouthing slackjawed Husker critics, you all need a lesson in "class"

--------------------
Jason

JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 07:07 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
How about k-state kicking some butt!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 07:29 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy,

61-10 was a nice score, but the Cats pretty much bitch slapped them from one end of the field to the other all night long. Hell, it got so bad that I think Coach Prince was asking for a show of hands for anyone that hadn't scored a point yet. "Anyone?"

From what I've seen, and what I've heard listening to the games and talking to friends that are there, I'm being careful not to talk too much, too soon, lest I enjoy my size 11 Nikes with a bit of barbeque sauce. LOL They're doing okay when they play, but are inconsistent for all four quarters. Freeman is better than he was, but our O-line is still a little weak. Having said that, the Defense is (once again) being referred to as the (next new) Lynch Mob.

Now, if they give awards for most penalties, KSU is nationally ranked!

We're back, but we ain't there yet.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 10:13 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
WE LSU fans are hoping we get beat soon. We won't be able to handle the embarrassment of playing the mighty USC
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
yuccabush
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 10:19 AM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE=RagnCagnWE LSU fans are hoping we get beat soon. We won't be able to handle the embarrassment of playing the mighty USC [/QUOTE]

That looks like an exciting matchup. Both teams look very good.

[ September 17, 2007, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: yuccabush ]

Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 10:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it's reactionary. There is a built-in negative for all things "Californian". The same attitude as Nebraska wishing they could upset a team with proven credentials. I know that anybody and anything hailing from the Land of the Fruits and the Nuts will not get fair consideration. It's a "denial" thing working.

A good measure of any college athletic program is how many on the team come from California. Same with the Pros. The rest of the Country just loves to hate us, and I understand it. It's also part of the reason why I would like to get the hell out. But, with over 35 million and perfect weather for year round sports, it is easy to see why we continue to supplu a good percentage of football programs across the Nation.

I'm just saying.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 10:50 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
True, true you do have quite a pool of talent to draw from but you can`t take anything away from the coaching staff at USC, those guys are top notch too.

Of course all Husker fans dream of stomping a top ranked team into the dust again...someday but realistically that day is way off in the future.....but it`s a comin`.....I hope.

We don`t automatically hate everything Californicatian, although most things bizarre do spawn from there.

Now Colorado.....they deserve to be hated. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 02:25 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Now Colorado.....they deserve to be hated.

Not to take anything away from my friends in Colorado, but the fans in Boulder deserve any misfortune that should befall them of their team. I've never been to a game there, but I understand from a number of friends that have been that they typically endure being spit on, having beer poured on them from the upper seats, and just being treated very, very rudely. Kinda like the Raiders of the NCAA. Hell, you show up at "The Bill" and the K-State tailgaters will welcome you, feed you, and even share their beer in exchange for a little visiting and fellowship. It's all about having a good time and making friends, unless you're wearing crimson and blue and sporting a jayhawk somewhere on your person. In that event, keep on walkin'.

Not to talk trash, but that game made a lot of K-Staters feel better about our upcoming match against the Cornhuskers.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 02:32 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, that`s the Colorado I`m talking about.

K-state - Huskers will be a good game. I hope you don`t beat us too badly. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 02:37 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Boulder is a branch city of California.

It's not really Colorado at all! [Smile]

edit: spelling

[ September 17, 2007, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bowjunkie
Member # 887

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 03:43 PM      Profile for bowjunkie           Edit/Delete Post 
[quote] Boulder is a branch city of California.

It's not really Colorado at all!

edit: spelling

[ September 17, 2007, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ][quote]

rofl I have to agree ...Nasa might take a bit of offence at that though [Wink]

Posts: 35 | From: the high mountians | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 05:16 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt it. Although he's from California and lives in Boulder, I think he'd agree with me. [Wink]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 05:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
LSU? Although a few voters actually thought they deserved to be #1, again this week, I wonder (should they lose to South Carolina....and, they easily could)...... who might be the #2 team, next week?

I'm just saying.

Hey, just a game, folks.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 06:31 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance you said that well, I even drank some beer with some huskers while tailgating. But you will wish you could crawl into a hole if you sit in the student section with gayhawks stuff on lol.
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Bandit
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 11:19 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
When we left Brewskys in the Haymarket at half-time to relocate I thought... that would be awesome... but when we finally made it back in front of a tv and it was 347-10 I realized there would be no upset [Confused] ... oh well it was still fun to get out and I must say we did not run into any bad fans from either side... very good time even without the upset!

Steve (logged in as Todd)

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 11:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
To borrow a phrase from Billy Boy; I feel your pain, Steve!

I did the same thing, a bit concerned when it was 14-10, then when I next got to a TV, ten minutes later, it was like they were giving away free touchdowns. I think it could have been worse, but Pete Carrol is an honorable man, and a brilliant coach. I just hope they stay focused.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters