The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Vic & or Tim?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vic & or Tim?
Clint
Knows what it's all about
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2007 06:47 PM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
Las Cienegas,
can one of you guys call me or shoot me a email and let me know about it, if you dont mind. it could save me some gas if it is tough.
thanks
Clint 480-343-6280
cgmartin_76@yahoo.com

[ October 23, 2007, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Clint ]

Posts: 148 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2007 08:17 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been there, but if it has antelope, it will have coyotes.

My only fear is that being so close to Tucson, it may be hard hunted.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2007 08:57 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Clint; Ive thought about heading out there for the past three winters, but never seem to get over there. It's only about an hour away from me, but I always seem to hunt north or east of where I live, so I can't give you much info.
It is good looking country, rolling hills, short grass country with, as Tim mentioned, antelope, so there should be coyotes? The road loops east from entrance to Empire ranch, to the south to Hwy 83, and I believe you can pretty much hunt anywhere along the way? it's all public land.
That said, don't balme me if you come all that way, and don't see a thing:) thats hunting.I would imagine if you hill hop, and use some boot leather to get away from the main road, you should be able to call a few. I did see in the local paper, that either last weekend or this one coming up, there was some kind of festivity on the Empire ranch, commemorating the history of ranching, whether or not that would affect hunting, Im not sure?

Posts: 1630 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Clint
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2007 09:59 PM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys,
thats what i was looking for. last time i was down that way everything looked good to me. and i am sure it looks just as good to the rest. if i make it i will let you all know how we did.
thanks again!
Clint

Bill
Member # 49

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2007 10:41 PM      Profile for Bill           Edit/Delete Post 
Clint,

I don't know if you are aware of it but this weekend, the 26th, is the opening of the whitetail and mule deer hunts. There will be 275 of us there for the next 6 days.

Bill

Posts: 55 | From: Tucson | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2007 05:29 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Clint I hunted that ranch a lot wial living in AZ It is hunted hard by the Tucson grupes but has some real good country in it and Lots of coyotes!
Pull a trick or two out of the hat and you should do well I vary seldome came out empty handed.
I liked hunting it from sr83 or the best was coming in the back way Sands ranch west camp Bigger loop but usualy get a cat or two along the way. Sands west camp plan on a 4x4 and a all day trip Lots of country!
Hope this Helps
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Clint
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2007 05:57 PM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone! i cant wait to get out there, that country looks great.
Clint

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters