The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Tom Moore (22-250) got burned out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tom Moore (22-250) got burned out
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2007 12:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I got home late. I have been trying to call him several times, left messages.

Everybody at the campout remembers Tom, he rode with me.

He got an email to me tonight, said he saved three vehicles, the dogs and the horses. And that's all.

Man, there have been (what?) over a thousand homes destroyed in San Diego county, and it may have been arson.

You should have seen his place. He probably wouldn't want me mentioning this, but to give some concept of the loss: 17 acres of prime real estate. The house was huge, Spanish Rancho, over 6000 square feet.

A real shame.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2007 05:15 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Tom the year I went to the campout... this is very sad news. Please tell him, he is in my thoughts and prayers that he gets through this. How do you start over with something like this? I hope that Creator makes it a somehow joyous adventure for him.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2007 05:24 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard Tom mention his place a number of times. It always sounded like the kind of retirement ranch that everyone dreams of.

I hate to hear of his loss.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2007 05:53 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a real shame. I am sorry to hear of the loss. Our prayers are with you Tom as you go through these challenging times.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2007 06:50 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering about Tom. I hadnt heard from him and figured no news was good news.
I am real sorry for him. I will keep in in my prayers for sure.

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2007 10:11 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Tragic loss. I have a friend in Poway who also lost everything.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve B
Member # 1751

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2007 06:18 PM      Profile for Steve B   Email Steve B         Edit/Delete Post 
Really sad news. Tom, I'm glad you got out without getting injured, or worse.
Posts: 32 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2007 06:28 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I have meet tom last year at the world Great guy.
Sory to hear of the loss. It is vary hard to get threw a loss like that I hope the best for Tom and his famly

Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 08:13 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

I'm sooo sorry to hear about your loss, friend. So sorry. I will be praying for you and your family as well!!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2007 09:49 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Something like that is just too hard to imagine. Sorry you have to endure such a loss.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
CindyTraps
Member # 1893

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2007 07:43 AM      Profile for CindyTraps   Email CindyTraps         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a real sad deal! Sorry to hear that.

--------------------
Happy Trails

Posts: 113 | From: Seligman, Arizona | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2007 12:15 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Any up-date on Tom?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2007 03:16 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I'm curious also. I believe I met Tom with you at Williams, Leonard? Really nice guy and I had a great visit with him. I sure hated hearing about the fire. We had a house fire when I was a kid and lost everything. It's a bad deal and you don't realize what you have till it's gone.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2007 04:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just talked to him. He's living with his daughter, for the present. They are already knocking down walls. Said all his guns were toast, and his caller and all his gear. Has an architect working on plans, estimate construction will take two years, not sure where he will be staying in the mean time? But, he wants to make the hunt, if possible. If not, I might talk my son into taking his place? I already checked with Mike Burris and he said it's okay. I'd like to see him go, it would be theraputic, if he's like me? But I understand the enormity of the loss, and understand about priorities, too.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters