The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » WOLF

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WOLF
RedRabbit
Knows what it's all about
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2008 10:45 PM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally saw a wolf in the wild about two weeks ago near the Idaho Montana border pretty good size one I might add. It came out of the cover next to the river crossed the road about fifty yrds in front of my semi he then circled back in the ditch like he still wanted something, so lurched forward to see what it was he was after and low aand behold a small herd of elk cows were in the river bunched up really tite. Pretty cool huh. Been expectting to see one but not that close and did see a coyote just before that near Ennis Montana and it was a good size one but didnt hold a candle to the size of the wolf....I think a .243 would be in order. I bet then their fear of the road, or humans would increase dramatically!

[ May 24, 2008, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: RedRabbit ]

Posts: 241 | From: SE IDAHO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2008 02:07 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Sep 15 in the back country and oct 1 in the rest of Id will be the start of Wolf hunting this year The Id Game department just set in place the new rules for our first wolf hunt ever.
I cant wait. Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lungbuster
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2008 07:15 PM      Profile for Lungbuster           Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, do you know if it will be on a draw tag or over the counter tags?
Posts: 225 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2008 07:23 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
All the details are not out yet but it looks like you buy your tag over the counter like a lion or bear and when thay get the # down wear thay want thay shut that area down till the next year Thay do this with lion each year. I have not checked for new listings yet today but the tags are saposed to be about 12 bucks for a *** and 100 for a non *** And only 1 wolf per year per hunter. all the details are saposed to be out soon check Idaho fish and game for details next week.
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2008 09:37 PM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
well Kevin if you do go wolf hunting go to the border near Montana and just look for a an elk heard Im sure the wolves will be somewhere close by and give your best rendition of a calf bawl.... Its going to be interesting to see what kind of success rate there will be on the green dogs.
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2008 09:46 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I have plenty of wolfs hear in my back yard 2 of the most distructive packs are right hear I Live in vally county (Cascade) we have seen them hear within the city limats on our way home just out side of town to the north. I hope to colect on a hide this winter would make a nice adition to my full body mounts
Let us know howe you do ?
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted May 26, 2008 08:29 AM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Im not quite prepared to do any wolf hunting at the momment meaning this year maybe sometime in the future possibly next winter season.

It looks like your in a better position, since how there in your back yard. If your surounded by forrest ill take that literally course city limits shit, hell just go to the land fill set up a blind....LOL just kidding. Good luck neighbor!

[ May 26, 2008, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: RedRabbit ]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters