The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Memorial Service for an Old Friend (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Memorial Service for an Old Friend
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 02:13 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
ha ha... made ya look, didn't I [Big Grin]

Yep, this weekend I will be having a memorial service for a friend who has been with me for 45 years. She has always been on top of things and always a familiar face to me, sometimes comforting, sometimes scary, sometimes beautiful, but never left me, no matter how hard times got.

But come monday morning, she will be forever changed.

If you have heard the rumors, yes it is true... I have cancer. On monday, they will start cutting away at my face, until all the cancer is removed as long as they can get it all. Then they will immediately go through the tedious task of reconstructing a new face for me. Possible implants and skin stretching and the whole 9 yards. It will be at least a 3 hour operation.

Hopefully, I will be the exception to what all the research has led me to, like permanent disfigurement, and hopefully I will come out looking somewhat normal. Fingers crossed.

But for now, I will say so long to that face that has always looked back at me and get ready for the new look of the Ole Crow. Maybe the coyotes won't recognize me anymore and I will have an edge when I'm allowed back out hunting. Ya never know [Wink] Maybe I'll look like Jessica Simpson or Angelina or how about Farrah Fawcette... she must be 200 by now and still looks gorgeous!

So light a candle, burn some sage or have a moment of silence this weekend, for the face of The Old Crow is leaving the nest!

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 04:16 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you don't end up looking like Higgins, you should be fine!

I wish you all the best, and certainly will keep you in my thoughts this weekend.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 05:36 AM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri, will be praying for you.

In a much less serious surgery a few years ago, when they reamed out my eye sockets and put my eyes back in place after severe Grave's disease, the doc asked me for a photo of my face taken before my disfigurement. He took it into the operating room with him and used it as a guide for positioning my eyes. I gave him a photo of Tom Cruise.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 05:51 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be thinking good thoughts for you Sheri.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 07:41 AM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri, will be praying for you.
And i am not that far away , so if there anything you need call me ..

215- 203-0775
Its ok to call now ,, i have explained to my wife who you are..

you my not remember that you called me one time,,

boy did i have some explaning to do when i got home [Big Grin]

first thing she said was , WHO IS SHERI FROM THE MT.

If you need anything make the call

George & Diana

PS
I like to know what hospital you going to,,

rem223pa@aol.com

[ June 25, 2008, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 09:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sheri,

Actually, this is good news! I'm glad to hear that it is finally happening, and you don't have to wait any longer.

Keep us informed, we will be praying for you.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31487 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lungbuster
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 01:34 PM      Profile for Lungbuster           Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck Sheri,

My Aunt had the same thing done and her looks didnt change that much. I believe she had the surgery in Hershey, but I'm not sure.....

Posts: 225 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 01:34 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely, we will. Sheri, I just read this post and even before reading the replies, I went upstairs to share with my wife. She almost went into tears. We will hold hands this evening as a family and pray for you! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 02:41 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Everyone... Prayers are one of my favorite thing to receive [Wink]

Leonard, it turns out that I only had to have the surgeon's money up front. The rest, I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Ya know how they mark you now in the hospital so that they don't cut in the wrong area? Well, I think, when they are not looking, I will throw in a few dozen extra marks, like a rack lift, tummy tuck, lyposuction... etc [Big Grin] You know, the bare essentials... [Cool] That way, if I can't stand to look at my face anymore, I will love my new body!

I'll have my daughter keep ya posted. I think I'll be down for a little while.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 03:27 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Sheri,

If your looks had anything to do with whether or not I consider you a friend, I'd have dumped this bunch of grizzled ol' desert rats a long time ago. LOL

My thoughts will be with you. The important thing is that you're dealing with it and looking toward getting better. The blessing is that your prognosis is good.

Let us know how successful everything goes.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doug
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 03:30 PM      Profile for Doug           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri,
Think of it as a face lift. [Wink]
We'll keep you in our prayers.
Doug

Posts: 69 | From: Northern Colorado | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2008 04:33 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya'll will get a kick out of this... I had a dream last night.

The surgeon is standing there putting me back together and then he holds up a femor(sp?) and asked, "Does anybody no where this goes?" I remember laying there thinking, "Now what in the H*ll does my leg bone have anything to do with MY surgery??!!??" and then my next question was, "Why in the H*ll did I prepay?"

oooOOOoooo... the mind is a dangerous thing when you have idle time [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2008 01:27 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Crow Woman, I am not one for words, only feelings. You get better soon. The coyotes well be waiting, so well all your friends and God knows you have alot of them....God bless.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2008 02:50 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Danny and Everyone!

The countdown has started. I'm doing pretty good today. I have a Get R'Done attitude.

Tonight I pray that they get all the cancer, I don't lose an eye and I don't lose any bone. The rest, I will just pray for acceptance, that I can accept what I will look like.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

MULE
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2008 03:56 PM      Profile for MULE           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn,

Sorry to hear that Crow Woman.

Hang in there gal

--------------------
Kickin' it on the Steppes. Livin' in my Yurt

My Hockey Mom can beat up your Community Organizer

Posts: 334 | From: Ulan Bator | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Buckwheat
Member # 655

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2008 04:25 PM      Profile for Buckwheat   Author's Homepage   Email Buckwheat         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri
My wife and I will be praying for you tonight. We will be asking that everything you are hoping for is granted. Get R'Done girl I like that. Ernie

Posts: 21 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2008 04:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri, there must be somebody that can check in here and provide a little news, when you can't?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2008 05:40 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri,
Please have your daughter post updates until you can. As you are aware, our thoughts and prayers are with you for a successful surgery.

Take care.

Chris Kennedy

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2008 08:36 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't sleep... gotta get up in 5 hours... geez

Thank You Everyone!

Leonard... if you get this post soon. My current email addie is sheribaity@yahoo.com If you want to email me your phone number, I will put it on my daughter's list to call tomorrow afterwards. I don't have your number anymore. Then you can let everyone know.

ok... gonna try and shut my eyes again.

[ June 29, 2008, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Crow Woman ]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2008 09:22 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
just got on the puter and read your post .
I Hope all goes as planed and you come out looking like FF I know you arnt a dingaling like the others you named!
Good Luk Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 12:38 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri;
I hope that all goes well today for you. Have Raven give us an update when she gets a chance.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7587 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted June 30, 2008 09:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I probably saw Sheri's post too late, but I responded. Hope.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 04:32 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
wooooo hoooooo.... I'm pretty darned drugged up so let me keep this shrot and sweet for now... I'm cancer free@@@@@@@@

I'll post more tomorrow when I wak eup

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 05:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got off the phone with Sheri.

Yeah, she's higher than a kite, but coherent. The Surgeon apparently got all the bad tissue and left intact all bone structure and muscles, eye is fine. She hopes that her Angelina Joulie(sp) lips are permanent, but it's possible the swelling will eventually go down.

She sounds upbeat and relieved. Apparently, prayer worked, best possible outcome!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 12 posted June 30, 2008 05:45 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Angelina Jolie, have you noticed that she hasn't been thrown out of a Motel for having Loud and multiple orgasms, since she divorced Billy Bob?

She must have married Brad Pitt for his money, cause he sure ain't ringing her bell like Billy Bob Did !

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters