The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Krusty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Krusty
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 06:06 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Krusty, Tyler and I are going to use your Krusty Krier at the World Contest weekend after next. Do you have any extra reeds? I'm using the thin reed as a single for fawn bleats and it is looking the worse for wear.
Krusty, have you ever removed an urban coyote on a nuisance complaint?

IP: Logged
LionHo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 06:29 PM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Say Higgie,

Be very very nice to Krusty. What he doesn't know about calling urbane coyotes in on some trumped-up nuisance complaint, he compensates for with his slick little open-reed jobs. I called a brace of lions last September with the one he made for... Err... wait just a doggone minute! Krusty handmade me a custom fawn call to spec--for free!-- after I'd been kinda harsh!

On second thought, HEY GUYS! BE VERY VERY MEAN TO KRUSTY [Smile]

LionHo

Posts: 88 | From: Ventana Wilderness, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 06:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
LionHo, you have a pic of your call? Mine is made of desert mesquite. Leonard looked at mine last weekend and he said his looks just like mine.
It doesn't matter if Krusty knows anything about urban nuisance complaints or not. I just know that he will give me a straight answer.
A question is asked, an honest answer is given.
How simple is that?
A mini tutorial for redfrog.

LionHo
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 07:03 PM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Plum wood. Dual reeds. Approximate size of a CritR Call Pee Wee. Oval tube.

Email me your addy again and I'll send you a pic of it. (Mine is ivanjeberle(at)hotmail.com.)

Posts: 88 | From: Ventana Wilderness, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 07:30 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Right off, they're not "my calls", they never really were, they belong to you guys. [Smile]

Crap, no, no two reeds are alike, so I wouldn't have a spare.
And without the call on hand, therefore some advanced notice, I can't get one made and tuned. [Frown]

I'll overnight it back, if you want to send it up?

I could also priority mail some of the reed material the single is made from, and you could duplicate it?

And no, it's pretty much a given, that private NWCO's don't deal with coyotes here in New Northern California....
With so few options, none of the truly viable in this environment, there's not much we can do.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 07:43 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And no, it's pretty much a given, that private NWCO's don't deal with coyotes here in New Northern California....
With so few options, none of the truly viable in this environment, there's not much we can do.

Redfrog, there is a clean, straight, honest answer. Not so difficult.

Krusty, I removed the top indented reed and left the thin translucent bottom reed. Perfect pitch and resonance for both jack and fawn. I have some sheets of mylar but nothing that thin.

George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 07:43 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Priceless little numbers they are,,
I will sell you mine for ,,,,,,,,,,,
lets say,,,,,,,,
1 million dollars hahahahahahah

Tyler can use it for free

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 07:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the one next to the butt plugs?

Forgive me Lord....and be with those starving pigmies.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 07:52 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
what can i say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yep [Big Grin]

[ August 12, 2008, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
MULE
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 07:53 PM      Profile for MULE           Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahaahhahahahaha!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kickin' it on the Steppes. Livin' in my Yurt

My Hockey Mom can beat up your Community Organizer

Posts: 334 | From: Ulan Bator | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 08:27 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's Ivan's;

-

And here's Tyler's; [Big Grin]

-

I don't think I have a photo of Leonard's, but I took a chunk of branch and quartered it, Tim got one, you, and Leonard, made in that order.

Rich,

You know I think calling contests are stupid, right?
But don't let me forget to stop to mention the honor that it will be, for me, to have you guys do so.

I learned a new thing about nuisance work, yesterday... "One really big raccoon" rarely has two tails! [Wink]

Ivan,

"On second thought, HEY GUYS! BE VERY VERY MEAN TO KRUSTY [Smile] "

Dude that cracks me up.

Harsh? Nope, don't remember it?

To add to the good Dr.s' tutorial, "it's all good, let's just move on..."

Krusty  -

P.S. Rich, oh one of them "wishbone guys"... you are using a .010" lexan reed, great sound, not great longevity.

Tomorrow's gonna be a crazy day, I have to go on the road, to a trapper's supply, for this otter job.
I'll try to hit the post office, and send you some lexan.
Shooting me an e-mail, with your shipping address, would help me in that end.

[ August 12, 2008, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters