The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Lance do you know this guy ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lance do you know this guy ?
The Bandit
Knows what it's all about
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2008 11:00 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this on Trapperman LMAO

kansasman
trapper

Loc: Northeast Kansas

So I was driving down this gravel road going to this secluded spot I have been having pretty good luck at and a cop passses me with his lights a flashing. Uhmmm. I think to myself thats strange way out here. As I turn the corner to pull into this feild I see a fire truck and several sherrif cars parked there. This is my normal parking spot so I am think something bad was going on. I park and get out and then the questions start......
I have been having this one coyote set tripped every day, there have been alot of tracks all-round and digging, so I am thinking they must be digging it up or something. So I set a blind set about two feet away and comoflaged it really well.
Well this guy, who claims he seen me carrying out a couple of coyotes and watched from a hill with binoculars, decided that it was inhumane to trap so he has been going in and since he didn't know how to trip the trap do he would get on his knees pick pull the chain up and then drop it up side down till it tripped. (I guess the coyote tracks came later after he left) Well yesterday he didn't know about the special surprise I have set for the cagy coyote. and put his hand down smack dab in the middle of a bridger 4-coiled #3. Not being able to get the springs to release with one hand he chose to call the police for help.
So the cops get him out and now I explain the who what when and wheres of my activities there. Then the land owner shows up, and explains I am supposed to be there, then it turns out this fruit loop, has felonie warrents out for him, so they arrest him for that, the land owner also pressed charges for tresspassing, and the worst part part of the entire deal is the cops had to keep the trap for evidence since techniclly it caught the guy. They did tell me that I will get it back though. I did pull the rest of my traps from the area to let it cool off for a while, but the land owner told me I better be coming back.
Our local CO came by last night after the incident and congradulated me on a nice catch. Said he has been doing this for 20 years and that he couldn't stop laughing when he heard it, he said this will be the joke around the station for a long time to come.
Please note he did not have any broken bones, but his hand was very red. And make a note them pogos will hold up to anything.
Sorry this is so long but I just had to tell you all.

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patterson
19.6 miles down the Yellow Brick Road from THE EMERALD CITY
Member # 3304

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2008 05:28 AM      Profile for Patterson   Email Patterson         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats awesome, sad that the fruit loop is in Kansas though. I moved from Colorado to get away from those types. Still awesome.
Posts: 236 | From: Kansas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2008 05:38 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good one, but I gotta wonder......1200 posts in less than a year?? He must carry a lap top on the line with him.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7599 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2008 08:25 AM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's hilarious! Thanks. Hope it is true, if not it is a good one.

A full time pro ADC trapper acquantance once told me that humans would be the easiest critter of all to trap because 99% of us are so predictable about where we step and put our hands when going down a trail, stepping over a log, etc.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2008 07:50 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this. First I've heard of it. Great story!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters