The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Advice on WT Sounds (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Advice on WT Sounds
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2009 05:52 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck this bullshit

[ September 27, 2009, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2009 03:19 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I heard a rumor he was coming out with a programable caller again. Any truth to it?
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2009 05:29 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2009 09:13 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL.....

"The Mighty Atom" Thats the name of the new unit.

Leonard,
Saw 17 bears this past week. I pretty picky and held out for a 400 pounder. Got my wish, and at last 10 minutes of the last stand on the last day,..........................

I missed him! Over shot with the bow.

I guess that is why it is called hunting!

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2009 09:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a shame, Steve. I never feel good blanking.

I bet if somebody did a survey on misses, left right, high or low, that probably 75% miss high? What do you think?

Good to be home?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2009 10:15 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Always good to be home. I agree on the missing high. At least 75%. I would have been an easy shot with a gun, but i am stubborn and prefer the hard way. I use a recurve. Just the way it goes. Maine is the finest bear hunting state I have ever seen. Always a good time by all in camp and the evenings at the lodge. My sons were able to video several sows and cubs that came in to them. One of them shot a medium bear on Wednesday evening. Did get checked by 3 Wardens coming out one evening. When one of them found out it was me, all he wanted to talk about was calling lions and cage trapping bobcats!
Did have a fantastic time. I have hunted with this guide 3 out of the last 4 years and have seen at least 15 to 24 bears a year when there. Great country for sure. Saw bears,red fox, fisher,marten, snowshoe hare, and an otter or two. Had fun.
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
howler
Member # 197

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 01:59 PM      Profile for howler   Email howler         Edit/Delete Post 
So anymore info on the "new caller "coming out??

--------------------
Powder River let'r Buck

Posts: 53 | From: Glasgow, Montana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
luckyjack
Member # 3462

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 04:09 PM      Profile for luckyjack           Edit/Delete Post 
The new caller, called the Mighty Atom, is now up on on the WT website. It sounds as if it is NOT a user programmable caller.

BM explains it's the best thing since sliced bread. [Wink]

[ September 23, 2009, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: luckyjack ]

--------------------
better to be lucky than good

Posts: 41 | From: 4 sections North of Clem | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 06:39 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
"BM explains it's the best thing since sliced bread. [Wink] "

Yup, more of old bm s BS. MI VHNTR

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 07:35 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
MI VHNTR
Your a busy boy MI VHNTR. You must have a lot of time on your hands as you are all over the hunting boards. If I remember right, about 6 or 7 years ago you posted this "I have about 25 packs of wolves living in a 25 mile radius around my house". I only said at the time that "I don't think so but a little west of you in Mn they do have some wolves. You got angry and said " that stupid BM thinks MN is to my west". I pointed out that the state you live which is Michigan is located east of Mn. At that point you became irate. I think it's time for you to grow up and admit your mistakes. Did you ever get out your map and check it out?

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 07:54 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 08:00 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see ya pop in and set the record straight. [Big Grin]
IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 09:22 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy; I didn't have the mighty mite or the lil atom or whatever the hell his new machine is called. I had the atomic bomb, a big, 16 pound back pack looking thing, great caller though, and I ended up using only two sounds exclusively, the cottontail distress and the dying coyote sound, those two sounds killed an awful lot of coyotes over the years I had that caller.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 09:49 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, I purchased the KAS-2030MS last Feb. I have owned electronic callers from other companies,however I prefer this one. I've had great success with the mouse vole sound. The remote is easy to use and, in my opinion, the sound is the most realistic. The cat in this picture walked right past me and stopped near the WT caller as seen in the bush.

-

[ September 24, 2009, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Dusty Hunter ]

Posts: 346 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 04:35 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 04:40 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 06:07 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Vic, you showed me your WT the first time I met you and told me about it. I dont know this, but have a feeling, that if it were 2.5 lbs or whatever it is they weigh now, you would still be using it."
======================================
Andy,
Some of the real pro's prefer the larger WT because they want extreme volume. WT still makes the large callers for those who prefer them. I have a 2030-MS which uses a 10 watt TOA speaker. This caller has plenty of volume for most of us, and also has good tone. You do need to be very careful to never hook up your battery wires backwards though. There is no protection built in to these callers to keep current from running through backwards and frying the guts.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 06:29 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

rainshadow1
Member # 899

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 10:37 AM      Profile for rainshadow1   Author's Homepage   Email rainshadow1         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't overlook the skunk distresses, and the fox distresses. Both are excellent producers and aren't usually too heavily used if you're in a heavily called area.

--------------------
- - Steve
RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
Cougar E-Sound Library, Hand Calls, & Call-In Story Library.
www.rain-shadow.com

Posts: 152 | From: NW Washington | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 01:46 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
BS, err bm, same thing anyway as they are interchangable.

It's obvious that you've become even more senile as time has progressed, so I'll refresh your memory for you.

you stated: "If I remember right, about 6 or 7 years ago you posted this "I have about 25 packs of wolves living in a 25 mile radius around my house". I only said at the time that "I don't think so but a little west of you in Mn they do have some wolves. You got angry and said " that stupid BM thinks MN is to my west".

Well, since I've been to MN countless times, I do know which direction to drive to get there. Your wolfpack claim is just more bm BS. BTW, there are over 500 wolves in the UP of MI. and wolves have existed here for a long period of time.

Finally, here's another one that I didn't forget. There is boreal forest in the UP of MI. It isn't all flat farmland as you have previously stated. That's a real laugher too, since I live here. How come you've never been here to carry out any of your empty threats? I've grown tired of waiting to see your smiling face.

You must be all over the hunting boards to see what I, and others, are doing. What's the matter? No orders in the shop for the new little atom?

Here's a couple of questions for you.

Why did you have to come out with a new caller so quickly after your KAS-2030MS model?

It didn't happen to have anything to do with your KAS-2030MS being inferior to the FoxPro CS24, did it?

Why didn't you answer the questions about your lies FoxPro posted on the Texas Predator Posse forum? (KAS-2030MS was a 16bit/32kHz caller, It is not "All Digital")?

Why did you claim the TOA speakers were the best, but now, you use something different and inferior?

You claim "Up to 96kHz/24bit" sampling rate...... What is the quality on the "Mighty Atom" series: less than CD, like the past, or a true 24bit caller?

Waiting for more bm BS. [Big Grin] MI VHNTR

Added on edit. bm, are you going to send more hate mail my way again?

[ September 24, 2009, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: MI VHNTR ]

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 02:42 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes glad to have you around Bill.

I too have a few questions. Why didn;t you keep both callers on line to purchase? Why do away with the flagship of your caller line?

Then could you please explain at the bottom of your site what the 24 bit versus 16 bit is all about? I had a hard time following it? You state you would need large dollar equipment to tell the differance, then you state you are the only one doing 24 bit, yet FP says there callers are true 24 bit? I would think you could catch them in a snafu if you could "prove" otherwise?

You state you have a new digital amp, was the old one in the 2030 true digital or analog?

You state you started out recording in analog which is better than today's digital, yet you transferred ALL sounds to digital making them superior to analog through a transfer? How can a transfer be better than just recording in digital to begin with?

Not to harp on you but it seems you leave more questions than answers on your site? One could have a hard time deciphering the information when it goes around in a circle?

Any insight you could give is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 03:21 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,
I am indeed a Foxpro Field staff rep. but I had a little extra money awhile back, so bought a 2030-MS. [Big Grin] It came with 40 sounds, and they are all good. I don't use them all though. My new Foxpro CS-24 arrived recently and I love it. I enjoy using my own sounds, and will be loading some of them on the CS-24. You probably already knew this, but the "CS" in CS-24 stands for Coyote Shitter. If there are no coyotes around to hear the screams, this little caller will shit one for you. Oh yeh, and the CS-24 is protected against accidental polarity mistakes. If you hook a battery up backwards, it don't hurt the CS-24 at all. A big plus don't you think?

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 03:30 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich I agree the new CS-24 is top of the line and Bill left the market wide open for all who wanted a 2030 now to go to FoxPro for that design, again wondering why he didn't keep both products online to order? I have my own thoughts but would like to hear Bills.

Very happy with the CS-24 which by the way in independant testing proved louder than the 2030 by some DB's.

Another question for Bill as I think about it how can both caller the 2030 and the new units which run off more voltage both be 3-5 times louder than any other E caller? I would think more power bigger amp more volume? Shouldn't the new ATOM be at least 5-7 times louder than any other call on the market when your throwing 18 Volts of lithium power to it?

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 03:31 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
To MI VHNTR:

The facts are as I stated in my reply to you.

"here is boreal forest in the UP of MI. It isn't all flat farmland as you have previously stated."

I never made that statement about the UP of MI.

"It didn't happen to have anything to do with your KAS-2030MS being inferior to the FoxPro CS24, did it?"

Only in your eyes. Stupid people make stupid decisions.

"Why didn't you answer the questions about your lies FoxPro posted on the Texas Predator Posse forum? (KAS-2030MS was a 16bit/32kHz caller, It is not "All Digital")?"

Maybe because FoxPro and the moderator on that forum deleted my post because as usual they can't stand the truth. You can't be that stupid can you?

This is the last time I will respond to your postings. As I see it, you failed to accomplish anything of merit with your life which is why you most likely spend all of your time anonymously posting on hunting forums.I bet it hurts a whole lot when you have to look into a mirror.

In the near future WT will have a hunting forum on the net. There will be only 1 category (wildlife calling) to post in. It will be a fun place for all. No advertisements or banners. Just good clean fun for all. Just to let you know,we aren't biased, we will even welcome stupid people. And, you can post anything you want. Just be prepared to back it up.

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 03:59 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters