The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Watching Paint Dry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Watching Paint Dry
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted June 22, 2010 11:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In an attempt to learn what all the fuss is about, I have been watching World Cup Soccer, mostly every day, part of a match or maybe most of it, but it's not making me LOVE it!

I have seen all the controversial calls, and there is never a solution. That ain't right.

I think my attention is a waste of time, I will never become a huge fan. [Frown]

"Splain me, where I'm wrong?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31499 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 12:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't you supposed to have one of those goofy plastic horns to blow between brews???? Maybe that's the problem; more horn & more beer. Kind of hard to get excited about a bunch of guys running around in their underwear, too stupid to bend over and pick the ball up instead of using their heads for a bat.

Your time would be better spent by shutting off the tube and going out into the desert to throw rocks at jackrabbits. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7595 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 12:47 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I spent a lot of time dragging my kids around from field to field even had one son play at club level. never fell in love with it not my cup o tea.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 12:49 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
When there is a score, do you take your shirt off and run around screaming GOAL, GOAL, GOAL, over and over again? I think thats part of having fun with it?

I dont know. I cant stand soccer. My boy went out for it one time. He quit after the second practice, thank god.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 01:19 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When there is a score, do you take your shirt off and run around screaming GOAL, GOAL, GOAL, over and over again? I think thats part of having fun with it?

Andy,
I guess they get so excited because goals happen so infrequently, they have to do that--kind of like me when I get sex at home--I find myself running around doing the same thing!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 02:40 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
That there is funny, booger. If'n I ever got sex, I might consider doing the same thing.

We were out for dinner and the soccer games were on TV. I told the wife it would be more interesting if some of those furreners were to put 11 of their best "futball" players against 11 of ours, and see who came out on top. Just one quarter. They play by their rules. We play by ours. She advised me that soccer was a game of skill. I said, "well, our football is a game of survival."

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 03:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel kind of superior because at least I figured out why they take their shirts off. They exchange them with someone they developed a frendship with, on the opposite team. (at least I THINK so?) Maybe they are asking for a date; it DOES seem sort of GAY, donut?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31499 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 03:49 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I find it hard to get excited about football or basketball or even baseball for that matter, no way I'm watching soccer.

Now womens beach volleyball is another story...

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 03:57 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I like your new sig line Tom. [Cool]

Take note Cronk. [Razz]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
JohnLK
Pro-Staff Great/Michigan Sector
Member # 1978

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 04:55 PM      Profile for JohnLK           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Splain me, where I'm wrong?
You're not. That is why the spectators buy them horns, it gives them something to do while watching that boring game.

[ June 22, 2010, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: JohnLK ]

Posts: 54 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters