The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Hunting Vehicles   » new truck (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: new truck
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2004 09:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
what do you think of Deep Water Blue?

http://www.car-data.com/xpage.preview/pre.template.asp?mfg=nissan&model=titan

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Knows what it's all about
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2004 11:40 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
What ever color you want to buy for me will be accepted... the gold would be preferred... also 4x4 crew cab, off road package, 18" wheels !!!!!

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2004 12:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well,

I wanted the Canteen color(o.d green) but there wasn't one in the pipeline for twelve weeks/screw that!

Off road package, Rancho shocks, skid plates, etc. has 17" mags with bigger tires; don't know why? Tow package is more than adequate, etc. etc.

As of now, I'm surprisingly pleased; has stuff on it I never considered, and it does scoot!

Leaving in the morning for AZ. LB [Smile]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2004 05:47 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Great..... how many peso's did it run you?? I am planning to trade this fall... gotta work on cleaning up the pinstriping though...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2004 07:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2004 09:39 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew! I thought for sure you bought a new Super-Duty with a 6.0L and I would be too late to warn you off. Ford will get it up to where the 7.3 L was, but it will take a while.

Nice looking rig Leonard.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 06:46 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard drove that new truck over here last night. Wow. Big, beefy, goodlooking truck. Lots and lots of little conveniences. 300 horses. Leonard said it had no problem getting up to speed. I remember the little matchbox Datsuns from the 70s. This is an entirely different animal.
IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2004 06:59 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, after putting one thousand miles on your truck this weekend, what do you think?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2004 05:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very aware of the loyalty issues. Some folks like Ford, etc. For me, I tend to like Dodge, Chevy (GM) and Ford, in that order. As to foreign stuff, I only have an interest in Honda and Nissan. For some reason, never warmed up to Toyota?

I am very pleased, so far. It is extremely comfortable, handles great. More power than I probably need? Burns Regular, mileage worked out to be not as good as I expected; 14.3, but a lot better than my Dodge. I will see if I can keep my foot out of it, but, it's hard! [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Frank Johanns
Member # 318

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 07:30 PM      Profile for Frank Johanns           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

are you still likeing the new truck ? Do you have any more recent opionoins now that you have had it a little longer ? I saw one I think yesterday it was very distinctive.

~~~FJ~~~

Posts: 17 | From: NM | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 05:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I'm still liking it, Frank. And, being, as you say, quite distinctive; it does get a lot of looks.

There is a large medallion on the tailgate, or more accurately, there WAS a medallion on the tailgate. Boy, did that get me steamed! Had the police out to take a report, although I'm not sure, just where it happened. It seems that it is a minor sport with teenagers. Or, more accurately; scumbag juvenile delinquents. [Frown]

I attended a seminar last Thursday night at the dealership, complete with dinner for both of us. I met all the various support staff, including the Parts Manager. I cried on his shoulder. He is getting me a new one, and it will be installed, here in my driveway. That's only because my front brush guard is on order, should be here soon, hopefully?

But, there is a lot to learn with this truck, a number of features I have never had on any vehicle. I drove it to the range yesterday, and hated to get it dusty. I hated even more that I paid twenty dollars to get it washed yesterday, and, as I type this, it is raining; again! This is going to be a problem. I have NEVER babied an offroad vehicle in my life! Maybe it will end with the first dent. Oh, Man! I hate to even think of it! I hope I didn't make a mistake....but, I still have my old truck.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Frank Johanns
Member # 318

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 07:31 PM      Profile for Frank Johanns           Edit/Delete Post 
If a fella didnt know no better, they would guess you are having Cadillac ownership experiense what with the medallion getting boosted and the fancy treatment at the dealership. Sounds great.

Last I remember it was the first ding or scratch that as they say, went the deepest. Never had a new one myself, but have repainted one or two, which is almost the same deal perticularly if you did a bunch a work yourself. Good luck on that day if it ever gets you. Its a tough one.

~~~FJ~~~

Posts: 17 | From: NM | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 07:44 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

Bring it on over and let's go hunting. We'll have so much fun you won't even notice the mud, dust and pinstriping until two days after you get home!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
huntress
Member # 322

Icon 14 posted March 03, 2004 06:44 PM      Profile for huntress           Edit/Delete Post 
CHEVY ALL THE WAY!!!!!
Posts: 35 | From: Utah | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2004 08:03 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

I know for a fact that the above statement is directed at my “Blue Oval” back ground not at your new ride. [Smile]

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2004 10:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, huntress. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

huntress
Member # 322

Icon 7 posted March 04, 2004 06:16 PM      Profile for huntress           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey thanx for the welcome Leonard!!!

This new freind of mine that I just met told me about this site, which by the way is a pretty cool, fun guy!!! [Wink] I'm excited about joining.

I have been hunting all my life, mostly deer and elk. Growing up, my experience in coyote hunting was..ummm how do you put it.. 'drive by shooting'??? Never really got into the whole calling coyotes. But this new freind of mine that I was talking about invited me with him to a seminar about some of the techniques of coyote hunting last weekend. I learned alot, everything that was said at the seminar was all new to me, but it was interesting and perhaps something I wouldnt mind trying. I think I have a long ways to go!!!!!! But I'm aways willing to try new things. I look forward to talking to you and learning as much as I can.

Heather~

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 10 posted March 04, 2004 06:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Heather,

We are always glad to see a member of the fairer sex participate in this challenging sport.

Also. Nice to see you participate on the Board. A woman's perspective can be very refreshing.

But, you are not alone, we do have a few ladies, and also a few wives that seem to read everything; just to find out what we are up to. [Razz]

So, can you share with us, just who your new friend is; that refered you? Somebody we might know? [Smile]

Hey, I'm somewhat acquainted with your state, where (abouts) are you located?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

huntress
Member # 322

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2004 07:34 PM      Profile for huntress           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again! Yes I have heard that there are other ladies on this site. I've been viewing some the messages posted.

As far as the new freind that referred me.... he's from Utah as well. I'm sure you know him. If he wants to be revealed, he'll post a reply and surrender....hahahahaha!!!

I live in Logan, way up north in Utah. Do you know where thats at? It's a nice area, but just a bit too big from what I'm use to. I grew up in a very small town. The way I look at it is you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl.

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 14 posted April 14, 2004 04:16 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Huntress! I just heard all about you and I'm thrilled and excited to see you here and have you join in.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
huntress
Member # 322

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2004 12:02 PM      Profile for huntress           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx Crow Woman!!! I"ve heard about you as well. See you around!!
RanUtah
Member # 18

Icon 2 posted July 05, 2004 01:18 PM      Profile for RanUtah   Email RanUtah         Edit/Delete Post 
Hummm, Logan, slowly becoming wolf country!!
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2004 09:00 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I lived in SLC in the late 70s, early 80s. My sister lived in Logan, worked at the Bon Marche. Some pretty good calling around Logan then. I was on a first name basis with some of the coyotes.
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 08:30 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
I broke down and bought a new Dodge Dakota 4x4 about a year ago. No problems with it yet, and I dearly love this truck. I had been driving Nissan's since 1979, and I had a tough time switching brands. The Dodge uses a lot more gas than my Nissan's did, but I knew that would be the case before I made the big switch. Sounds like your V8 Nissan is doing at least as good on the gas mileage as my V6 Dodge. That part makes me jealous. [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
crapshoot
Member # 225

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2004 04:11 PM      Profile for crapshoot   Email crapshoot         Edit/Delete Post 
Want to talk about bad gas milage. I bought a 04 Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4 this year. It has the Magnum V8 4.7 liter. Milage wasnt bad but........... then i got to playing around, She now sports a 6.5" lift and 35" Wrangler MTR's. gas milage is all down hill now.
 -

Posts: 44 | From: S. Nevada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters