The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Hunting Vehicles   » New Rig (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New Rig
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 6 posted October 11, 2006 09:00 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a new huntin rig today. Ill get some pics ASAP. Ive always wanted an ATV but never had one. My old backs givin out more and more and makes it harder to walk. Maybe it will make it easier?

Got a new 06 Arctic Cat 650 Limited Edition 4x4. Its a pretty thing. Black, brush guards on front and back and came with aluminum wheels. Automatic transmission, front differential lock. Pretty slick.

May be nice getting between stands. Easier to hide than a pickup. We shall see.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2006 02:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
pussy

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2006 08:08 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

My little road warrior ins't nearly as fancy as all that but they sure do make things a lot better for hunting around here. This state recently passed a law that allows us to ride ATV's everywhere but federal and state highways, so I have a "deal" with a handful of different landowners that allow me to park my pickup at thier house and offload the quad. I can cover 20-30 square miles from each park point pretty well and haven't gotten any scratches on my pickup in three years because of sumac and sandplum bushes. And yes, they are much easier to hide. [Smile]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2006 09:15 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Make that two pussies

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Knows what it's all about
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2006 09:34 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
I paid 5K for my snowshovel in 04. It's worth the pussy designation.

-

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 04:33 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, Tim B. you can add my name to the list also. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/100_0087.jpg[/IMG]]  -

[ October 14, 2006, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 04:35 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Dont worry guys, they are just jealous bitches...

--------------------
Andy

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 05:12 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
TA,
If everything goes as planned, Ill be sportin one of those UTVs or whatever you call em, like yours next year. I want both. Thought the 4 Wheeler would be more practical for now and didnt want to spend that kind of cash on toys all at once.

How does yours get around compared to an ATV? I know they cant be as manuverable and suspect they probably wont get around quite as good. As in crossing ditches and mud. Dont see how they can? But I want both soon...

--------------------
Andy

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 06:39 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, double pussy.
signed,
jealous bitch

IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 07:01 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 07:45 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I am the proud owner of a Brand new Yamaha rhino. I just sold my Polaris Ranger. In getting around, they will surprise you. Other than the trail being too narrow, they will go more places than a 4 wheeler. They are wider, so don't tip as easy and they are longer, so you can climb way steeper without worrying that they are going to flip over backwards. The Rhino is a 660 and so far (2 weeks) I like the hell out of it. I will know more after this winter. I'm not a pussy, but some of my clients are, so it is a necessary evil. I had a client fall off of a regular 4 wheeler once and scratch his knee and got a boo boo. [Razz] He hangs out here and know who he is!

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 07:51 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I would rather walk. But, circumstances beyond my control limit that. So, it beats not going at all....

Guess I am a pussy. Dont wanna be, but am, if owning a ATV is the deciding factor.....

Or maybe the suggestions above mean that if you cant hack walking it you should take up some other sport? Maybe I should look into that?

--------------------
Andy

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 08:03 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to be a pussy so bad it hurts! I have my eye on the Rhino like Cal has, Im not keen on the quads, I want to sit and steer and have room for gear....Im jealous big time.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 08:09 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, I would think that would be the cats ass where you live. Save lots of pickup scratches. If I get one of those next year as planned, I will bring it out, no doubt.

Save on truck scratches, easier to hide and theres alot of places I have turned back on two tracks that I would have gone on to hunt with a quad or UTV.

--------------------
Andy

brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 09:23 AM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the new land I have now is walk in only. And some is very hard to get to...no pussies allowed.

They're good for other things though, and they get damn good mileage if they can be made street legal in whatever state you're in.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 09:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, do those things come with heated seats? Cruise control?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 10:14 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
i get around real good with utv. the bad thing about it is climbing over fallen trees and large rocks, and deep wash outs. I have a camo net for mine and i can stand in the back and use roof for shooting rest.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 10:52 AM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,
Do you like the rhino more than the ranger? My dad has the older ranger (non IRS) that he uses to build fence with. They do get around alot better than I thought they would.

Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 12:26 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I want to be a pussy so bad it hurts!
Vic, I'm draggin' my pussy down to the campout. If you're a good boy, I'll let you take it out and play with it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2006 07:04 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, bring that sumbitch up here next summer & we`ll see how she does in the river. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 17, 2006 09:22 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17, bring that sumbitch up here next summer & we'll see how she does on the golf course. [Smile]

[ October 17, 2006, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 09:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I will be bringin two pussys to the campout they really improve your ability to get around to alot of area.
signed
Double pussy

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 11:09 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I get enough walking as it is and don't see any need to get more if there isn't someone paying me to do it. [Smile]

When the first 499 yards of any 500 yard walk is uncallable ground, that quad starts looking pretty good.

When a half-inch of rain shuts down 90% of your roads because of good old black mud, using that quad to ride in rather than stomping your way in and out with a bowling ball sized glob of mud on each foot sounds good, too.

If using an ATV to hunt coyotes makes you a pussy, then that makes me a SMART pussy! PPAK!!!

[ October 18, 2006, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2006 08:45 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
If one uses an ATV to call cats, does that make him a smart pussy hunter?

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
bajabug
Member # 919

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 07:45 PM      Profile for bajabug   Email bajabug         Edit/Delete Post 
Question for Leonard and for other So. Ca. hunters, are those "things" legal for hunting in So. Ca.?
I'm also thinking of buying one for myself.

Happy Hunting .. Emilio .. Pico Rivera, Ca.

Posts: 34 | From: Pico Rivera, Ca. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters